Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
getthekidthepuck

True Pro stock codes

Do they mean anything? I didnt think that True did repaints? I picked up an 6.0 sbp and it was several digits under the name bar. Is this just the player ID? Also what year is this stick from ?

Thanks guys

Correct, the numbers under the name is the player code and batch. The easiest way to figure out the year is by the graphics. True does not do paint jobs. Their pro's are using the actual model of that stick but can still change things on it. 

3 hours ago, darkhors said:

Correct, the numbers under the name is the player code and batch. The easiest way to figure out the year is by the graphics. True does not do paint jobs. Their pro's are using the actual model of that stick but can still change things on it. 

Unless they are a True pro such as Marner. When you see a bunch of pro-stock XC9s they all have that sweet spot on the blade except Marner. He also has "used" the A6.0, A6.0 ht, xcore 9, XC9, XC9 acf and AX9. I doubt he's changing his specs everytime True has a new release.

The only thing I can say about codes is that the last number relates to the flex. 1 being the lowest and 9 the highest.

Edited by nutters

6 minutes ago, nutters said:

Unless they are a True pro such as Marner. When you see a bunch of pro-stock XC9s they all have that sweet spot on the blade except Marner. He also has "used" the A6.0, A6.0 ht, xcore 9, XC9, XC9 acf and AX9. I doubt he's changing his specs everytime True has a new release.

The only thing I can say about codes is that the last number relates to the flex. 1 being the lowest and 9 the highest.

He has used the XC9 for the last couple of years. I believe he just switched to the AX9 which does not have the insert in it. I was told directly from a True rep that they do not do paint jobs for any of their players. If they're using a stick it's the same tech as the retail. They can however, change the blade stiffness, corners, flex and curve type to their preferences. Also, I have Marner's XC9 pro stocks and they all have the insert. I had 4 of them, down to 2 unfortunately. 

Edited by darkhors

On 1/8/2020 at 4:13 PM, darkhors said:

He has used the XC9 for the last couple of years. I believe he just switched to the AX9 which does not have the insert in it. I was told directly from a True rep that they do not do paint jobs for any of their players. If they're using a stick it's the same tech as the retail. They can however, change the blade stiffness, corners, flex and curve type to their preferences. Also, I have Marner's XC9 pro stocks and they all have the insert. I had 4 of them, down to 2 unfortunately. 

A True rep told me they send as advertised to guys who want to try their sticks. With Marner's stick specs the reason I opted not to get his XC9 was because it didn't have the insert. That's not to say they didn't make sticks for him with and without inserts.

Also not debating about specific specs as no pro would just use generic specs to try out a brand. But like other companies, Marner gets the paint job trratment cause he is one of their guys.

Edited by nutters

On 1/8/2020 at 7:44 PM, nutters said:

A True rep told me they send as advertised to guys who want to try their sticks. With Marner's stick specs the reason I opted not to get his XC9 was because it didn't have the insert. That's not to say they didn't make sticks for him with and without inserts.

Also not debating about specific specs as no pro would just use generic specs to try out a brand. But like other companies, Marner gets the paint job trratment cause he is one of there guys.

I did notice that Marner uses an XC9 without an insert, it seems to have an XX-Stiff A series blade. Though most of the pro stock ones for sale online still have the insert and are basically just standard XC9 sticks without a warranty. 

However, his new AX9... Now that is quite an interesting stick....

Our store purchased a bunch of pro stock AX9 sticks from TRUE and here are a few variations of the Marner AX9. The biggest difference was one weighs in significantly less than the others, 368 grams vs 390 grams.  The spec sheet doesn't show any difference between any of them though, which is strange. 

Edited by PBH

32 minutes ago, cmdrkean said:

just wondering if anyone can help me identify the flex of a true ax9 pro stock stick thanks

Under the player's name there is a code and the last digit represents the flex. 1 is 70 iirc and goes up by 5. So, 1=70, 5 = 90, 7 = 100

53 minutes ago, nutters said:

Under the player's name there is a code and the last digit represents the flex. 1 is 70 iirc and goes up by 5. So, 1=70, 5 = 90, 7 = 100

excellent - thanks for the help.

12 hours ago, cmdrkean said:

excellent - thanks for the help.

1 could start with 75 flex. I guess it's best to feel it too. I know Ice warehouse has pics of their pro stock Trues. Shows the name bar then gives the decoded flex in the provided description 

6 hours ago, nutters said:

1 could start with 75 flex. I guess it's best to feel it too. I know Ice warehouse has pics of their pro stock Trues. Shows the name bar then gives the decoded flex in the provided description 

I recently bought an AX9 pro stock from IW. I got the 75 which is what I usually use. It felt a bit whipper than other 75 flex sticks. If I were buy another, I'd look to jump up to an 80.

Really nice stick, loved the look. Blade was maybe a bit too stiff for my liking. Unfortunately, the custom Hornqvist pattern just wasn't for me so I had to find it a new home.