Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

Bauer Wide Skate Offering

7 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Hmm, so if Vapor can have a Supreme fit and a Supreme can have a Vapor fit, what's the point of having two models? Might as well just have one model with three fits.  

Is it just marketing games they are playing or are there differences like boot flex and ankle padding between Vapor and Supreme? 

Keep reading, it's answered a few posts down.  tl:dr yes, it's different feature sets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

I'd hold off judgement until its officially announced. 

52 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Yeah, that's probably best.  The fit system is a done deal, but until you can actually see how each fit compares to the corresponding previous profile, I wouldn't make any judgements.  The other thing to consider is that the top two lines with the Fit system will likely be a semi-one piece boot.  The heel will be molded to the outsole like a True skate, so things like ankle lock and heel depth may be much more form fitting and customizable now.

Fair enough.  Just frustrating as a consumer who doesn't seem to fit nicely into the "3 fits" approach the big boys are taking.  And I get why they are reducing their SKUs and keeping the lines simple.  Hopefully the new approach will have a bit more flexibility to accommodate the fringes of the fit profiles. 

At this point you have basically 6 options, 3 in Vapors and 3 in Supreme.  A Fit 1 in a Supreme is going to be a little different than a Fit 1 in a Vapor.  I gotta think between those and 3 lines of CCM most people can find something that works.  Used to be Bauer made a skate, and CCM made a skate, you chose one or the other unless you went with Graf and later Mission or something.

If people can skate with laces undone or none at all, I think volume (vertical) is a little overemphasized.  So that means find a skate that fits length and width and go.