Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
markk1

Best West Coast Shop for Mail-In Skate Chassis Installation?

I did some searching but couldn't find much info.  In your opinion, what is the best, mail-in, west-coast shop for custom skate chassis installation?  Factors to consider would be turn around time, pricing and craftmanship.  Thanks!

JR is great, but not on the west coast. 

Hockey X in Oakland was good (going back many years, but I had an emergency holder swap that they did on the fly and it was fine). I think also BAHR does inline mounts.

That was to answer your question. However, regarding pricing, in my experience almost everyone is more expensive than the MSH pro shop, so if you're sending specifically on the WC to save on shipping, you're probably still going to pay more than sending to JR in Florida, and if your concern is turn around time, I had 3 pairs of skates done in 9-10 days total I believe, with shipping there and back being 4 days each, and I think they arrived by him on Friday afternoon and went out on Monday, so the turn around is basically however long shipping takes. Sorry for the hard sell, I just can't recommend the services enough, as someone whose first inline mount was done closer to 20 years ago with many in between. 

@markk1If you can, use the MSH Pro Shop. This forum gives us a lot of access to FREE knowledge and people that you can't find anywhere else. That's how I found MSH. Using the Pro Shop not only all but guarantees quality workmanship, it's a monetary way to support this site. 

• Like 4