Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_game

Justify my purchase...

I've felt better about my purchases as of late because I've been selling some stuff on the side. Although I'm not getting back what I paid, I think of it as getting my stuff at about half price.

What an outstanding topic. My name is Bobby, and I too am a stickaholic. I can empathize with all of you. I am currently down to only four one-pieces because of that damn mortgage thing. And all four were bought with monies from other sticks I sold on ebay. It really is an addiction, but when money is tight it is easier to control and you feel guilty as hell when you do spend the money. And when the wife finds out that is no fun either. Especially when she looks at you and says why the hell did you sell all your sticks on ebay to go and buy new ones, to just go and sell those to buy more?

I bought the Stealth (hated how light it played and the small intermediate-feeling handle) so I sold it on Ebay, got 90% of my money back and used it to buy another XN10. Broke the blade on the XN10 and my guy took it back and gave me a Synthesis Grip and blade - - cause, of course, I was never using another damn one-piece. But then I figured I'd try the Tour Beemer at 100 bucks - - well worth it. And then I heard about the Peranis XN10 pro-stock blow-out ... I came to the realization that I had a serious problem when the guys at epuck.com had my UPS and FedEx account numbers on file and referred to me as one of their best customers. "Best customer!" . . . Well after all they have the best prices, I pay no tax, they often knock ten bucks of their already low price, and I don't pay for ovenight shipping . . . "Best Customer, huh." I looked at my order history and realized in a year and a half I had spent almost two thousand dollars on f'ing hockey sticks! Yeah the local hockey shop was charging $239.00 for a stealth, not including tax, and I got mine from Epuck for $170.00 , but 170 + 150 + 150 + 159 + ect. . . I now realize I have serious problem.

Granted I use a lot of sticks and then sell them on ebay, but spending that much on sticks is a damn sickness. I always sware I'll find that ONE PERFECT STICK and stick with it, but whenever I think I've found the ONE . . . then I see another buxom blonde-haired, blue-eyed stick . . .

Luckily, I do not have to worry about a wife or a mortgage getting in the way. And I've also been pretty good about splurging on hockey gear as of late so I am gonna keep the stealth. It makes its debut tonight. Thanks to everybody who gave their $.02, I really never thought i'd get much of a reaction but this just goes to show why this place is the greatest. so I am off to dangle and snipe with my stealth.

My name is frank...and I am a compulsive hockey stick buyer.

I try to find something that works and stick with it. That explains my run of 5 Sulli reponses. Too bad he wimped out and the only thing I find anymore is SW or W.

Well right now im pissed i bought and stealth after christmas and im a little pissed now if i would of waitedd i could of got 2 xn10 responses or m-1 grips for little over 200$. Dont get me wrong i love the stealth but i good of got about the same stick for cheaper. Does peranis do that every year have sales on ops because if they do ill wait a couples weeks.