Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
rh71el2

CCM Trigger 5 Pro stick?

My kid broke his Flylite and I noticed the Trigger 5 Pro is newer and priced the same so I'm wondering if it's worthwhile it give it a try.  We've been a Bauer family as far as sticks go, but the Trigger 4 Pro had great reviews.  I've only been able to find a handful of statements (other than Icewarehouse's video) about the stick and a couple said the durability was questionable (it broke on them) probably because of its light-weight and everything that goes with that.

Anyone here use the Flylite in comparison and have an opinion on the Trigger 5 Pro being that much better?  It would be the junior model if that matters.  The Flylite was the first time we decided to go high-end and it was a huge difference for him.

Edited by rh71el2

2 hours ago, rh71el2 said:

My kid broke his Flylite and I noticed the Trigger 5 Pro is newer and priced the same so I'm wondering if it's worthwhile it give it a try.  We've been a Bauer family as far as sticks go, but the Trigger 4 Pro had great reviews.  I've only been able to find a handful of statements (other than Icewarehouse's video) about the stick and a couple said the durability was questionable (it broke on them) probably because of its light-weight and everything that goes with that.

Anyone here use the Flylite in comparison and have an opinion on the Trigger 5 Pro being that much better?  It would be the junior model if that matters.  The Flylite was the first time we decided to go high-end and it was a huge difference for him.

IMO, the FT3 Pro and Trigger 5 Pro are both excellent compared to the Flylite in regards to performance, feel, and durability. CCM has really stepped up their game compared to everyone else. 

• Like 3

Bauer shit the bed on the flylite and ultrasonic both already dated. CCM is killing it right now. But yes it will break really fast if you are a heavy shooter, my ft3 pro was only 3 games. 210 pounds though and 90 plus clapper.If its your kid prob not the same. 

I have a geo as well and although its a great stick its no FT3. go with the trigger if you want performance. 

Edited by justinpryor
  • Like 1

Love ccm sticks and gear now. Used to be a Bauer homer too but ccm is stepping up big time. I own the trigger 4 and ft3 pro. When I used the trigger 4 pro it was by far the best stick I've had. Then I got the ft3 pro.... The ft3 pro is obviously a different kick point but overall I prefer the ft3 pro just slightly. I just feel it loads in a way my shots are more accurate without sacrificing that much pop/kick. The trigger has insane pop/kick though but I'm less accurate because of it. 

If your son is used to low kick aka the flylight, you can't go wrong with hr trigger. Imo though, get the trigger 4. I hear it's not a tonne of diff than the trigger 5 except weight and they will be marked down. 

I never thought I'd stray away from low kick sticks, specifically, the trigger, but the ft3 pro changed my mind 🤪

One noticeable difference will probably be in the blade feel.  The Flylite will have a blade that's a feels a bit more "livelier" compared to the Trigger.  Personally I've always preferred the Trigger when it comes to low kick sticks.

Edited by CaptainCharisma
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Love ccm sticks and gear now. Used to be a Bauer homer too but ccm is stepping up big time. I own the trigger 4 and ft3 pro. When I used the trigger 4 pro it was by far the best stick I've had. Then I got the ft3 pro.... The ft3 pro is obviously a different kick point but overall I prefer the ft3 pro just slightly. I just feel it loads in a way my shots are more accurate without sacrificing that much pop/kick. The trigger has insane pop/kick though but I'm less accurate because of it. 

If your son is used to low kick aka the flylight, you can't go wrong with hr trigger. Imo though, get the trigger 4. I hear it's not a tonne of diff than the trigger 5 except weight and they will be marked down. 

I never thought I'd stray away from low kick sticks, specifically, the trigger, but the ft3 pro changed my mind 🤪

Just picked up the Trigger 5 Pro - practice tonight so had to make a quick decision.  They didn't have any Trigger 4 Pro in 40 flex and on top of that, they aren't yet marked down... it actually costs $20 more, but probably because of the 50 flex.

I'm glad I asked here because I didn't realize CCM is doing much better than Bauer for sticks now.  His twin bro is going to be jelly if I told him and he can't even try it since he's opposite hand.

Edited by rh71el2

5 hours ago, rh71el2 said:

Just picked up the Trigger 5 Pro - practice tonight so had to make a quick decision.  They didn't have any Trigger 4 Pro in 40 flex and on top of that, they aren't yet marked down... it actually costs $20 more, but probably because of the 50 flex.

I'm glad I asked here because I didn't realize CCM is doing much better than Bauer for sticks now.  His twin bro is going to be jelly if I told him and he can't even try it since he's opposite hand.

Good thing Xmas is around the corner. And by then the trigger 4 prob will be marked down 🙂

Let us know how he likes it. I was a Bauer stick user for years but wasn't getting the performance I thought I should be. I figured I would change it up a bit and bought the Trigger 3D when it came out and that was that. The following year I got the Trigger 4, and now the Trigger 5. 

• Like 1