Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JQ1

Elbow Pad Fit

Just got back into after about a 15 year layoff. I decided I needed to upgrade my old equipment, I first got a nice set of Bauer APX2 elbow pads in medium. I could never get the forearm locked in, I was right on the edge of the Velcro. I upgraded to a pair of Bauer 2X in large, thinking the medium may have just been too small. I still am on the edge of the forearm Velcro. There’s about an 1-1/4 gap on the forearm pad. I came from a mission fuel 110 with total forearm coverage. Do I need a different line? Would a tacks or nexus elbow pad fit larger in the forearm? And give better coverage? 

Spoiler

Do you have pictures?

Not sure if the elbow pad is too small or too short.

If you have long arms and want coverage from slashes between the glove cuff and the elbow pad forearm padding, look for pro stock elbow pads with extended coverage. They aren't easy to find though.

Vapors are a tapered fit.  Tighter in the forearm, looser as they go up to bicep.  I would look at the Nexus pads to get better forearm wrap.  I found the CCM Tacks to be a relatively tight fit compared to the Bauer offerings. 

I usually have the opposite issue since I have skinny arrns, I normally end up sewing the strap to shorten it.  Oddly enough, I tried Vapor elbow pads a few years ago (whatever the top model was at the time, white/red colors is all I remember) and I had to return them because the forearm was way too tight and almost as if the pad part was very flat and not shaped for a forearm at all, was really weird.  I have since switched to a Tacks model which has a nicely shaped forearm pad and straps that only needed minor modification for my arms lol