Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Beflar

Need help finding something. Cannot remember what it is called

I bought these plastic things years ago that you bolt on the top three eyelets of your skates to give you more forward lean.  I can't find them because I have no idea what to call them.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about.

Update: Found them, 55 Flex.  Looks like they are dead company.

Any other options out there?

Edited by Beflar

Make them yourself.  Some leather, some grommets, flat head bolt and nut.  I picked up a cheap belt from a discount store, real leather for like $10.  Cut it up into sections.  Popped in the grommets, mounted to the boot and done. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beflar said:

I bought these plastic things years ago that you bolt on the top three eyelets of your skates to give you more forward lean.  I can't find them because I have no idea what to call them.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about.

Update: Found them, 55 Flex.  Looks like they are dead company.

Any other options out there?

55 flex is dead. You can now buy another version from here: https://www.greatsaves.org/product-page/skate-lace-eliminators

or you can make your own out of 5mm thick leather and stainless steel or brass grommets. Tie them to the skates with either laces or screws. I've made a lot for players but if you only want one pair and hassle free then the greatsaves product is a good one.

• Like 1