Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

CCM PPTK vs PP90 girdle shell preference?

Hi guys, having just got into a super tacks girdle, I was looking at new shells. Is there a reason to go with the PPTK shell over the PP90? Seems like the kidney protection is different on both of them but I’m not sure if one molds to the girdle better than other or whatever. I don’t believe the PP90 has a zipper extension which I don’t care about. Are there any other differences I’m missing and why choose one over the other? 

These are made for specific pants. PPTK is made for CCM Tacks girdles, and PP90 is made for the older similar girdles - RBK 9k. In terms of protection - 9k shell protects kidneys with hard plastic, and tacks protects the overall waist but with the foam. Still, these shells are made to fit specific girdles.

Both usually have zipper.

If trying on an average girdle or pants, i guess the tacks would fit them better. 9k has too specific kidney part.

Edited by yk15

I own both and prefer the PP90 style for the added kidney protection and it just seems to fit better (plus I didn't need the added zip length than Tacks offered).  Either shell will fit either girdle (as well as any girdle ever made since you just tighten a belt to keep them on).  They might have velcro to more permanently attach to the girdle but I've never looked, seems to defeat the purpose of using s girdle that you can quickly/easily swap shells if you play for different teams with different colors.  Also, Warrior makes a shell that's sort of between the two, I personally don't like it as much as the PP90 but they have a lot to choose from and are readily available in pro stock from various sites.

Thanks for the additional information guys. Wish it were easier to find shells to try on in person as I’d be curious to experience the slimmer legs of the Tacks specific girdle, but I suppose I’ll stick with the PP90 for availability and a bit more kidney protection 

Following up on this post, I got a practically free pro stock PPTK girdle so I figured I'd do a quick comparison of it and the PP90. 

I prefer the kidney protection of the PP90 and how it better conforms to that part of the girdle. There is also a tiny bit of padding on the rear leg. I like the waist buckle of the PPTK more than the slide lock on the PP90, but that's easy enough to change if I wanted to. The stretch material on the thighs seem higher quality on the PP90 compared to the PPTK. The PPTK has the zippered extension whereas the PP90 does not (which I won't use regardless). The PPTK also has the velcro tabs on the inside to attach it to the girdle itself, but I don't see myself using them. 

In terms of fit, I felt they both fit nearly identical. When laying the two shells on top of each other, the PP90 is maybe 0.5" wider in circumference with the leg opening. Not substantial enough to give me a skinny jeans feeling with the PPTK, especially given how much stretch material is on both of these shells making them very mobile. 

Here are photos of each shell in size medium on a medium Super Tacks girdle. 

PP90

IMG_9601-vi.jpg

PPTK

IMG_9600-vi.jpg

New season starts up this week and I plan on wearing the PPTK as my go-to shell vs the PP10 I was wearing since changing to a girdle

• Like 1

Those images reminded me of the buckle system on the Tacks shell, I didn't care for that b/c it was a couple inches too high and made me aware of my belly fat any time I clipped it shut 🤣 I just double checked my shells and the 3 I thought were PP90's are actually PP9K's (which are nearly identical I thought), turns out those don't have belts at all, just the velcro flap up front which has always worked out fine.  I also looked at the Warrior pro stock shells I have and those seem to be thinner material all around (just don't feel as nice and less padding) but they do have a combination belt/velcro closure up front which sits nicer than the Tacks one.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Those images reminded me of the buckle system on the Tacks shell, I didn't care for that b/c it was a couple inches too high and made me aware of my belly fat any time I clipped it shut 🤣 I just double checked my shells and the 3 I thought were PP90's are actually PP9K's (which are nearly identical I thought), turns out those don't have belts at all, just the velcro flap up front which has always worked out fine.  I also looked at the Warrior pro stock shells I have and those seem to be thinner material all around (just don't feel as nice and less padding) but they do have a combination belt/velcro closure up front which sits nicer than the Tacks one.

Both the PPTK and PP90 have internal buckles and I’m pretty sure they’re at the same (or similar) locations. At least on mine. The PP90 belt is a slide version compared to a clip on the PPTK. The front closures on both are also Velcro. The Velcro flap on the front of the PP90 is taller and hides the buckle.