Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Newbie1819

Bauer Blade Construct Question

I’ve had two custom batches of Vapor ADV’s ordered over the last 6 months that feel very different from each other. One is light, pops, balanced evenly from head to toe(Stick A). The other seems softer, blade heavy, less pop, heavier overall(Stick B). 

I cannot for the life of me get to the bottom of it. Today I cut the blades in half and noticed there is a difference. 

If I knew how to upload images I would be able show you that Stick A has foam filling top to bottom where as Stick B has a centimetre high white foam strip that goes from heel to toe followed by the foam fill that Stick A has.

Can anyone explain this? Please please please, this has been a painstaking process 

5 hours ago, Newbie1819 said:

I’ve had two custom batches of Vapor ADV’s ordered over the last 6 months that feel very different from each other. One is light, pops, balanced evenly from head to toe(Stick A). The other seems softer, blade heavy, less pop, heavier overall(Stick B). 

I cannot for the life of me get to the bottom of it. Today I cut the blades in half and noticed there is a difference. 

If I knew how to upload images I would be able show you that Stick A has foam filling top to bottom where as Stick B has a centimetre high white foam strip that goes from heel to toe followed by the foam fill that Stick A has.

Can anyone explain this? Please please please, this has been a painstaking process 

Who did you order them from? 

2 hours ago, Newbie1819 said:

Pro rep

Then I would reach back out to him. Only he would be able to pull information on your build code to determine the construction. Sounds to me like they change your blade construction between the two builds. Can you confirm both batches of sticks have the same build codes? 

14 hours ago, Newbie1819 said:

This is suppose to be the same stick I’ve used for the last 4 seasons so then they would if changed it on their own. I’ll reach out to ask for the build codes. 

I was able to upload both blades on imagur,

https://m.imgur.com/a/5iM88iy

Update: Nevermind.  I thought the pictures were two side by side (Blade A and B) shots. 

To the naked eye the blade on the right in the pictures looks thicker and the side walls more convex.  Could just be an optical illusion or if you cut the blade in different spots.  Would have to get a micrometer to confirm.  But to my eye the shape and thickness looks different.  It is most noticeable in the second picture.

Edited by krisdrum

51 minutes ago, krisdrum said:

To the naked eye the blade on the right in the pictures looks thicker and the side walls more convex.  Could just be an optical illusion or if you cut the blade in different spots.  Would have to get a micrometer to confirm.  But to my eye the shape and thickness looks different.  It is most noticeable in the second picture.

I think the first pic is stick A, and the second pic is stick B

First pic is Stick A, the lighter with considerable more pop. I cut them at the same spots. They look the same honestly but I can’t measure. I’m more concerned by the added foam at the bottom. That would alter the blade drastically. Which I feel and am sure, hence why I cut the blade. To prove to the rep. He has no idea which doesn’t help the situation. 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:20 AM, Newbie1819 said:

How do I make sure they use the same blades?

Buy retail 😉

If you bought them together. Chances are they were made at the same plant. I bet this was nothing more than a simple assembly error. It happens.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, Newbie1819 said:

Team purchases them

happened with 12 sticks last year, then it was fixed, and it happened again with 12 that arrived a week ago 

In that case. Disregard my statement about an assembly error. I'd talk with the rep. Something doesn't seem right.

15 hours ago, start_today said:

Do you have access to the rep? Actually showing them the cross cut blades with different make ups, I would be curious to see how they respond. 

Rep is in Europe, he has no clue. In fact thought I was in the wrong until I cut the blades. Now there’s some radio silence, I’m hoping they’ve sent the issue to production control in Montreal. Waiting to hear what’s said