Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nickerjones

Beer League Fees Around North America

ADULT HOCKEY FEES

Research was done in various cities in the US and Canada as to what fall/winter beer league hockey leagues cost. There are three ways that goalies are usually included in the fees: they don’t pay, they pay half or they pay a full share. Many beginner hockey leagues don’t have issues finding enthusiastic goalies willing to pay and so in those beginner hockey leagues goalies paying full price is fairly common. Otherwise, half and free are the prevailing methods. Below is a list broken down into the price per game using a 13-player roster (with the goalie paying half), with costs standardized to USD. Obviously there are different rinks in each city, so there may be other options at different price points.

This is a small sample size for this blogs’ purpose. We want to build a comprehensive list of leagues and their adult hockey league fees. If you don’t see your league/city listed comment on this blog or tweet us to get it added

1. San Jose – based on 24 games: $32.87 per game (Solar4America Ice)
  2. Los Angeles – based on 16 games: $32.19 per game (Lakewood Ice)
  3. New York – based on 16 games: $30.53 per game (Hackensack Ice House)
  4. Seattle – based on 24 games: $28.39 per game (Cascade Hockey League)
  5. Denver – based on 20 games: $24.07 per game (DUAHL Ritchie Center)
  6. Phoenix – based on 20 games: $22.15 per game (Oceanside Ice Arena)
  7. Boston – based on 24 games: $21.59 per game (New England Senior Hockey League)
  8. Memphis – based on 13 games: $21.37 per game (Mid South Ice House)
  9. Nashville – based on 13 games: $20.08 per game (Ford Ice Center)
  10. Toronto – based on 25 games: $18.22 per game (ASHL Etobicoke)
  11. Chicago – based on 18 games: $17.90 per game (Seven Bridges Ice Arena)
  12. Minneapolis/St. Paul – based on 14 games: $14.57 per game (MN Wild Adult Hockey League)
  13. Detroit – based on 26 games: $13.96 per game (Novi Ice Arena)

Where does your beer league rank? Full article here

I actually pay at Lakewood Ice (Number 2 on your list) and depending on if you pay the team fee, or individual fee the cost per game can vary, but your figures are very close. In fact, I think sub fees this season are $40 per game. 

This is interesting.  I play at 3 (Ice House) and it'd definitely depend on the roster.  I also believe it's one of the larger mens leagues in the country.  Pre-covid they were up to 8 or 9 divisions that were packed with 8+ teams per division usually.

Nothing from Philadelphia was mentioned but pricing would probably comparable to New York. Thing to note is the higher the level, the more expensive it is haha. I know that the lower levels usually have more players on the roster and also show up for games. At least that's what I've noticed both as a player and a referee. 

Richmond, VA costs $795 winter league for 26 regular season games, plus playoffs. All teams make playoffs, I think it's single elimination. so $29.44 a game. But if your team wins more games in the playoffs, the cost per game goes down. They have a shorter summer league.