Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton SyNergy Skate Initial Thoughts

The synergys fit my foot type better than the xxx but it really digs into my ankle. I would rather skate in the eastons but I was in to much pain. As for the fit on the bauers it is not perfect but they work. I will go custom when these break down because I need a ee forefoot but not as wide heal. I tried the 8090 but I did not like how they felt. I like the xxx better

The thing about the eastons is that when they get tight around the ankles it folds around instead of wrapping around the ankle like the bauer. I think that is the problem with mine. I wore them like 20 times and it never got better

It was fine for the first two skates and than the 3rd skate it started. I had to leave the ice early due to the pain. Dont get me wrong they skate very nice and I would still be skating in them but I skate to much to be in pain..

Out of curiosity, socks or no socks when you wore these skates. I use the OxySox which come up high like a baseball sanitary sock. I'm wondering if that might make a difference with the SyNergy skates.

Was it immediate?

I really didn't have ankle pain and it never rubbed. We'll see, though.

I noticed it the second time I wore them around the house a little bit. That was what made me decide to wear socks with them. It's actually been getting worse with each time I wear them.

I skate with no socks but what I did was cut the tops of a pair of socks and wore them around my ankles and it helped a little but really did not like the feel. I am a no-sock wearer. It just got worse and worse and had to do something. I tried bandaids moleskive and nothing really helped. I wish it did because the are so responsive for my big old slow a$$

I had the ankle problem for the first couple times I wore them but after a total of maybe 5 hours on them, it was just gone the next time I went out. I've played probably a total of 15-20 times on them now and they feel great every time. The most comfortable skate I've owned...no more extreme pain on the tuberosity of my fifth metatarsal!