Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton SyNergy Skate Initial Thoughts

Got a pair of 04 SyNergys today. I also received a set of non-parabolic steel as well, separately. I laced them up and since I already had a set of RBs already sharpened/radius, and skated a little bit. ABSOLUTELY HATED THEM...the tongue was digging into the ankle and they just felt all sorts of stiff.

I brought them back in, did some modifications (shhhh ;) ) and tried them again. Felt a tad bit better.

I go home, and later go back to the rink for my game. I go "What the hell..." and I sharpen them (ugh I hate parabolic steel) and take my S500s as a backup just in case. Laced them up with my shinpads on and the tongue stayed in place.

I played an entire game in them. They honestly felt great. I had a slight spot on the right ankle that was bothering me, but other than that, just awesome. They felt better out of the box than the 8090s I was in a few months back.

The real test for me was after the game. Even in S500s, I'm damn near tears after the game and have all sorts of hotspots on my feet. I took off the SyNergys and my feet were completely pain-free.

For what it is, it just might work. I think I need to try the 05s with the shorter boot and different tongue. I also need shorter rivets so I can PITCH them.

I will continue to screw around in them and see how it goes. But, I was really surprised.

Did you wear the shinpads over or under/inside the tongue? From what I can gather, I think you wore them over but i'm not sure.

When do the O5 Synergy's come out?

So you are going to have a Easton Synergy skate with a Mission Pitch holder??? :blink:

Make sure you order some "bubble gum" Easton Gloves to complete that look! :P

I'm seriously thinking about going with them next since they are probably they only boot I wont break down in 2 weeks.

Coming from Vapors, I'll talk you out of it.

Not the same fit at all. I have a wide fore/mid foot and small arch.

Did you try the old synergy skate ot the new lower cut 05 model? I have the first ones and they felt great for a while and that they really dug into my ankles. I wonder if the lower cut ones would be better

If I were to go into a shop having never seen either model in person, how could I differentiate the 05 from 04? I assume the new lower cut model with improved tongue is the one in Easton 05 catalog?

JR, i used the 04 model a while back and had ankle problems.

I checked out the 05 model now and no more ankle pain. the liner changed so i think that was the reason for the ankle issues.

Just looking at Easton's corporate web-site...anyone know if this feature panned out? (Note: article from 8/31/04)

In addition, Synergy skates can be tuned to the needs of each skater, will come in a choice of flexes for varying performance needs, and will also allow users to adjust stiffness and support without altering the weight of the skate.

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that my '04 Synergy's from the toy drive aren't going to work for me. The issues I'm having on the outside of my ankles hasn't improved after 6 games and I noticed in my game last night it was actually effecting which direction I curled, the left ankle feels it more. I'm a little bummed about it because this was the first skate that didn't give me the 5-10 minutes of acute pain along the outside of my feet when I took them off after skating.

I have the same ankle problems with the skate. I can't wear mine anymore because my ankles are rubbed raw and in pain. That is why I got xxx. I really like the skate but was in too much pain after a while I hope the solve the problem with the next design. Maybe they will recall the first design because many people are having this problem but its doubtful.

I have the same ankle problems with the skate. I can't wear mine anymore because my ankles are rubbed raw and in pain. That is why I got xxx. I really like the skate but was in too much pain after a while I hope the solve the problem with the next design. Maybe they will recall the first design because many people are having this problem but its doubtful.

My problem isn't really a rubbing issue, rather the skate is digging into my ankle.

My friend had '04 Synergy skates and had the exact same problem. The skates dig into his ankles. They are his favorite skates ever, but he can't skate in them.