Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
moonrockticktock

Stick Flex Question

I posted this on the hockeyplayers subreddit but I thought I’d post it here to get your guys/gals opinions as well. 

I’m an ice hockey player that is starting to play roller hockey. I play on a concrete surface and have been using a wraparound on my ice hockey stick but after 3 practices I just can’t get used to the feeling of the wraparound on the blade so I want to buy a dedicated roller hockey 2-piece stick with an abs blade. I’m looking at the true catalyst 9 shaft but I’m not sure if I should get a 75 or 85 flex. Right now my current ice stick is a 77 flex and personally I wish it was an 80-82 flex. I normally don’t need to cut my sticks. The 65”-66” standard height is perfect for me. So my question is do I drop down and get the 75 flex and risk having a too whippy stick or do I go up to an 85 flex and risk having a too stiff stick? Any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

3 hours ago, althoma1 said:

Concrete provides more friction than ice, so I would go with the slightly stiffer 85 flex shaft.

This. When I played roller I always went up a flex or even two.

• Like 3