Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Custom Eagle Gloves

How are custom Eagle Gloves these days?  There was a guy named Jesse who worked at hockey shop that was awesome.  Was just wondering if the quality is still great.

8 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Just ordered some. They are great. 4 weeks turnaround for me. 

IMG_20231013_191043.jpg

Those look great! If you don't mind my asking, how much did those set you back? Also, did you have a flex thumb option? 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:02 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Nice, that color matches perfectly. 

It was a bit of a guessing game as the colors are totally different when you take pictures of it so it was hard to show them what I wanted. In person they aren't a perfect match but close enough that most people won't notice unless they inspect it and look at it from different angles. In the future, it i have a unique color, I will prob just send them the matching hockey socks so they can compare it to their swatches and threads. 

For my future order, I will have a lot more custom options added. This was kind of a test run for me. Pretty happy since they were more or less the same price as the retail aero pros you can get. 

On 10/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, bl4 said:

Those look great! If you don't mind my asking, how much did those set you back? Also, did you have a flex thumb option? 

Yup I got flex thumb. The thing about this was I think for flex thumb they don't give you the loop thumbs that adds even more mobility for some reason. The lock thumb comes with the loop thumbs palm but this didn't.

They cost me 280 cdn shipped. They had a 15% off promo for the mth of Sept. It's crazy bc shipping was $55 just from Ontario to BC in Canada which to me is ridiculous. But after the discount the total cost was more or less the same as getting the standard eagle aero pro in store which retail for about 250$ cdn before tax. 

That said, my next order when they have another sale, I think it will be more expensive since I'll be adding the loop thumbs, double thick backhand pad and finger liners. The standard ones are fairly thin and feel noticeably less cushioning than modern ccm Bauer and warrior gloves. They're still comfortable but I like more plushness. 

I'll probably also get a diff palm as well. These are just the standard msh3 palms. 

Probably a good idea to get them to provide me with a complete list of options since the online form is pretty limited, especially with colors. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Yup I got flex thumb. The thing about this was I think for flex thumb they don't give you the loop thumbs that adds even more mobility for some reason. The lock thumb comes with the loop thumbs palm but this didn't.

They cost me 280 cdn shipped. They had a 15% off promo for the mth of Sept. It's crazy bc shipping was $55 just from Ontario to BC in Canada which to me is ridiculous. But after the discount the total cost was more or less the same as getting the standard eagle aero pro in store which retail for about 250$ cdn before tax. 

That said, my next order when they have another sale, I think it will be more expensive since I'll be adding the loop thumbs, double thick backhand pad and finger liners. The standard ones are fairly thin and feel noticeably less cushioning than modern ccm Bauer and warrior gloves. They're still comfortable but I like more plushness. 

I'll probably also get a diff palm as well. These are just the standard msh3 palms. 

Probably a good idea to get them to provide me with a complete list of options since the online form is pretty limited, especially with colors. 

By finger liners, do you mean extra padding at the top of the fingers? The main thing I don't like about my Eagles is the thin liner at the top of them isn't glued down or something. So while I'm playing, my finger ends up moving behind the liner somehow. If they could glue that down or thicken it up, it may fix that issue. The flex thumb also isn't really much of a flex thumb, but it's better than a full locked thumb.

10 hours ago, dasuchin said:

By finger liners, do you mean extra padding at the top of the fingers? The main thing I don't like about my Eagles is the thin liner at the top of them isn't glued down or something. So while I'm playing, my finger ends up moving behind the liner somehow. If they could glue that down or thicken it up, it may fix that issue. The flex thumb also isn't really much of a flex thumb, but it's better than a full locked thumb.

I mean the liner that sits between the back of your fingers and the back of the finger padding inside the gloves. I think we're both talking about the same thing though lol. Mine don't slip under but I've had gloves where the padded liner did lift a bit so when putting my hand in the glove initially could cause my finger to catch under the liner. 

Yup the flex thumb is about 50% mobility as other brands but tbh when holding a stick I actually don't really flex the thumb all that much. It's noticeable when just wearing the gloves and making a fist but when holding a stick I barely notice a difference between lock thumb gloves and even the most mobile flex thumbs. 

Btw with ur flex thumb, did they remove the thumb loop on the palm or is it there? I ask bc I'm not sure if mine was removed as an oversight or if that's just what they do for flex thumb options. 

Edited by Sniper9

12 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I mean the liner that sits between the back of your fingers and the back of the finger padding inside the gloves. I think we're both talking about the same thing though lol. Mine don't slip under but I've had gloves where the padded liner did lift a bit so when putting my hand in the glove initially could cause my finger to catch under the liner. 

Yup the flex thumb is about 50% mobility as other brands but tbh when holding a stick I actually don't really flex the thumb all that much. It's noticeable when just wearing the gloves and making a fist but when holding a stick I barely notice a difference between lock thumb gloves and even the most mobile flex thumbs. 

Btw with ur flex thumb, did they remove the thumb loop on the palm or is it there? I ask bc I'm not sure if mine was removed as an oversight or if that's just what they do for flex thumb options. 

Yeah, sounds like we're talking about the same thing. I don't have a thumb loop either, it's just attached right to the thumb. I thought it was because of the palm material (black mustang) I got, but sounds like it's just from the flex thumb option. It doesn't really bother me, it moves just enough compared to a full lock thumb to make me not hate it.

40 minutes ago, dasuchin said:

Yeah, sounds like we're talking about the same thing. I don't have a thumb loop either, it's just attached right to the thumb. I thought it was because of the palm material (black mustang) I got, but sounds like it's just from the flex thumb option. It doesn't really bother me, it moves just enough compared to a full lock thumb to make me not hate it.

Good to know. I thought the same as you and same experience as it really doesn't bother me when playing/holding the stick. I wonder if they will ever come out with a modern tapered fit for customization.