Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hitz14

Hockey Books

I was wondering if any of you guys have found or read any good hockey books lately. The last two i have read are Home Ice by Jack Falla and curently reading

The Game by Ken Dryden, not because i like the Mont. Canadians.

So let me Know

Thanks

i had that one in my hand at the book store i was about to buy it

instead i bought The Game i guess it was a bad move Im a bruins fan to

i read "Mario", a documentary on mario lemiuex and i loved it. i really wanna get the one that just came out on steve yzerman

I like Complete conditionning for ice hockey, Total hockey conditionning(I'm reading it now), The road to success with Alexei Kovalev, the book on the career of Guy Lafleur, and the career of Maurice Richard are all great books...

Im currently reading the Steve Yzerman book and it a good book. Also is the Red Wings "Hockey Gods" about the 2001-2002 season.

tell me more about this book

In the 90s Eric Lindros was one of my favorite players so I had to get a copy of his "Fire on Ice" and it was pretty good. I also enjoyed "Magic Boy", a book about Peter Forsberg, but unfortunately it's only available in Swedish, but I think there's an online English translation of some of the chapters too.

Edit: And I was right, here's the English translation of some chapters of "Magic Boy".

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tesheu/peter.htm

"The Stick" by Bruce Dowbiggin is a great read and insight into the history of sticks, from a tree branch through the Synergy. It's been out for a few years, but it's one of my favorites.

"Hockey Tough" by Saul Miller is another favorite of mine. It focuses on the mental aspects of the game. If you want tips on how to correctly take a slapshot, don't get this book. But it does offer tons of great mental and visualizing exercises.

I think Saul Miller has a few good books on Sports Psychology. I read some of his book The Complete Player (I think thats the title...) and it was pretty interesting. I read Rinkside written by Darren McCarty and his dad and that was a good one. Of Ice and Men is a really good read. Can't think of any more at the moment....

Money Players - Bruce Dowbiggen

Hockey Town - Ed Arnold

The Rink - Chris Cuthbert/Scott Russel

Shorthanded mentioned The Stick by Bruce Dowbiggen, and I also recommend this... one of my favourite books.

Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places

by Dave Bidini

some people may have seen the documentary on CBC I'm a Hockey Nomad which was inspired by the book.

bonus if you're a Rheostatics fan.

Tropic of Hockey: My Search for the Game in Unlikely Places

by Dave Bidini

Wow, I read that and thought it was more funny than serious. Some of the things that went on were quite interesting.