Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megamandan

OPS and Composite blade Breakage

Almost every OPS and Composite blade I have owned split on the weave of the carbon fibre (horizontaly). I have used Synergy, L-2 and M-1. What blades (tapered) will stop this from happening so I don't need to shell out $50-$150 bucks at a time? Thanks.

Almost every OPS and Composite blade I have owned split on the weave of the carbon fibre (horizontaly). I have used Synergy, L-2 and M-1. What blades (tapered) will stop this from happening so I don't need to shell out $50-$150 bucks at a time? Thanks.

When you say "horizontally", let me guess - the split happens almost exactly at puck height? Presuming that's the case, as the other dude said, there's nothing you can do about it. That's the hardest impact point when taking slappers (so, if you take a lot of them, it's just bound to happen).

The question would likely be not how to tape it so it wouldn't happen, but choose the best possible blades if this is of a concern.

I wonder if those Hespeller Nemesis Alpha blades (that I think have some sort of rubber pad built into the main contact point on the surface of the blade - trying to remember the sales pitch for that, someone remind me if I am recalling this incorrectly) help this kind of puck damage or not?

I wonder if those Hespeller Nemesis Alpha blades (that I think have some sort of rubber pad built into the main contact point on the surface of the blade - trying to remember the sales pitch for that, someone remind me if I am recalling this incorrectly) help this kind of puck damage or not?

Chadd is right: the rubber in the Alphas are meant to dampen vibrations/enhance feel. I don't think it has much bearing on the durability of the blade.

Do what I do: Lay two strips of Duct Tape on top of eachother on both the forehand and backhand faces of the blades of your sticks (ideally you should have a little bit hanging off, that you can cut with an X-Acto knife or something so that it hugs the bottom perfectly). I've found that the feel for the puck is better, the stick is much more receptive of harder passes and that I am not breaking as many blades as I used to.

I wasn't saying it was anything intentional to enhance the blade durabilty, just wondering aloud if it would be a bonus for the kind of blade damage done that I thought Meg might be referring to (where there's that horizontal split across the blade face where the top of the puck strikes the blade on slappers).

Besides taping it? If you dont want them to breakany more................dont get one I have tried just about everything to get the most,they just plain dont last long(except my Inno)

First off no I don't get leafs nation but how do you get it? Yes I'm talking of a horizontal crack I guess my best bet is Inno which is what i'll try. If i'm anything like the rest of you guy's I guess I just want to save money. The Duck tape I'll try though it sounds a bit wierd. Thanks for all the feedback.

Rather than a new thread, anything prevent blades cracking on the bottom of the blade from heel to toe? I go through more blades like this than J Lo does, well, fill in the blank.

Are they blades with a seam along the bottom or are they cracking the composite?