Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Clarino or Total Dri liners...your preference?

I'm going to go for new old stock 70k skates...have a choice of retail or pro stock with a clarino liner.  Othe mods are fairly inconsequential and price is similar. Whachoothink?

Edited by Jbear

10 hours ago, Jbear said:

I'm going to go for new old stock 70k skates...have a choice of retail or pro stock with a clarino liner.  Othe mods are fairly inconsequential and price is similar. Whachoothink?

Clarino. 

• Like 1

I'm still on the fence on this one: for a decade I shore by the grip liner Bauer puts in custom skates since it held up well, dried up fast and most importantly did not develop any FUNK! Personally I never had any issues with slippage but of course over time the liner detartrated in high wear spots. 

for custom Trues the overwhelming consensus was to go with Clarino mainly due to it's durability and how grippy it gets when wet, but just as my experience with Clarino in the past (One95 skates were the last I had Clarino in) despite drying up my stakes after every skate, and even spraying them with febreze they have develop the very familiar funk that just won't go away 😞
I skate in socks too, so that is definitely my biggest pet peeve with Clarino as compared with GripLiner.