Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

What is your overall "go to" brand for skates, sticks and protective?

What is your overall "go to" brand for skates, sticks and protective?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

IMHO, CCM is just putting out better sticks lately than Bauer in terms of both quality and durability.  

Hmm, I need to find some buds with CCM sticks and try them then. I have only used a CCM ribcor in store for just firing off some shots on dryland. It seemed nice, but I didn't notice it blowing away the Hyperlite. Then again, how comfortable can you get with a stick blasting off 10 or 20 shots though. 

16 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

IMHO, CCM is just putting out better sticks lately than Bauer in terms of both quality and durability.  

I like my Trigger 2. I'm not a fan of the new shaft shapes in the top 2/3 of the shaft.

Maybe it's because I used to get free CCM sticks, but I love them and I've tried others but can't get used to them. They also tend to last longer for me but that could just be me.

In terms of protective gear, I love the CCM lines although for goalie gear it's Bauer/Vaughn all the way for me.

As for skates, it's not that I like TRUE skates, it's more of a necessity at this point.

Edited by Giltis

On 1/31/2023 at 2:57 AM, VegasHockey said:

I have. It's a little bigger than a P14, Lie 5. 

Is it similar maybe to the old ccm p46? I’ll be moving over to True if yes…

I'm basically still in mostly Easton, but it has started to shift as some gear has worn down and I have yet to find replacements.

Skates- was in Supreme or Nexus forever, two years ago went to True and haven't looked back (except I do have a pair of Mako 2s).

Protective- I'm in Easton shins, girdle, chest and elbows still (all the old pro stock synergy protective), Easton gloves as well, with some Bauer, eagle and warriors mixed in. When the time comes for new under protective, I will definitely move to pro stock CCM though, as they have carried on the JDP stuff.

Sticks- pro stock hockey sticks at this point, but I have a mix of Easton, Bauer, CCM and Warrior, although in the last 2 years I've pretty much only bought pshs