Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Custom True SVH (?) or Custom CCM FT6 pick one.

To avoid any further Facebook rhetoric, I've only used True when it comes to the "custom" route. Why? Because, in Bauer terms, I have a Vapor heel, Supreme mid-foot and Nexus toe box when it comes to boot fit. If you have "unique" feet like I do, I would recommend going with True. If not, then I'm not rich enough to blow another $3,500 USD on "custom" skates to guide you. Take my irrelevant post as such.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, dasuchin said:

It's difficult to explain. It just felt like I was stepping on something inside the boot. As if I put the boot on and there happened to be a golf ball underneath my arch. As far as I know, there's nothing specifically unique about my foot. But every retail skate I tried had the same result. Didn't matter if I tied them differently or used different insoles, it always happened.

Interesting. Do you have a collapsed arch? 

7 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

Interesting. Do you have a collapsed arch? 

That's probably something I should look more into, cause I have no idea. I've never had any issue with shoes or anything so I've never gone to a podiatrist or had a doctor take a look at my feet.

16 minutes ago, dasuchin said:

That's probably something I should look more into, cause I have no idea. I've never had any issue with shoes or anything so I've never gone to a podiatrist or had a doctor take a look at my feet.

Take it from someone who's strayed away from trues more than once and just ended back in trues. If they work for you and you're just curious, fight the urge and stick with ur trues. Maybe try something else when your trues are toast but don't spend money on another pair of skates when you don't need new skates just cuz. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Take it from someone who's strayed away from trues more than once and just ended back in trues. If they work for you and you're just curious, fight the urge and stick with ur trues. Maybe try something else when your trues are toast but don't spend money on another pair of skates when you don't need new skates just cuz. 

Well said. 

On 4/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, Beflar said:

Last skates were very stiff and had a lot of lace bite issues which took some time to fix..

Looking for pain free skates that are also awesome.  Want to go with a one piece build so I'm looking hard at these two.  True SVH and the CCM FT6, when they come out.  Which would you pick?

I recently picked up a brand new pair off PSH after they had been flooded with a large stock of pro returns. Shoutout to PSH for replying to an email I sent regarding returning them as long as I hadn't baked/sharpened/skated on them. Once they agreed, I couldn't pass up the offer as they were only $519 + shipping/tax.

They were a little long in the toe box, even though they were listed as my size and width. I moved the tongue all the way down and that helped to some extent. Oddly enough, they were the same length (visually) as my current skate of the same size. 

Sadly, they had to go back. Whomever got scanned for them had a very high instep and it was causing me serious pain just standing on my carpet for a few minutes. Though these are not custom to my feet, some YT comments seem to corroborate similar experiences. It also appears the customer had a serious Haglund's Deformity, though I couldn't really feel the difference on my foot/inside the boot. It was only apparent externally. Holder size was also one up from what Bauer and CCM run for the same size. Not sure if that's standard. No specs were provided with the listing. 

Regarding fit, I couldn't say which you should go for. In fact, nobody can, because everyone has a different foot. Having skated in both 100k and FT4 Pro, however, for my money, I think the FT6 is going to be the more responsive boot if one-piece is what you're after.  On my feet and in my hands, the SVH Custom felt bulkier and heavier, as well as way stiffer than prior CCM and Bauer I've skated in. 

Edited by pgeorgan

Regarding what someone said on here, it appears Bauer does a 3D print. Took two seconds to confirm with YouTube.

Bauer Skate Factory Tour

CCM Skate Factory

CCM Total Custom Plus

CCM scanning bottom of foot

I couldn't really find a True skate factory tour on YT that wasn't just Scott in his basement. 

Except for this True scan, which does not appear to scan bottom of foot.

And their custom order landing page, which doesn't appear to be advertised to the public.

If anyone else has anything to add, it would be great to compile it all and maybe pin it somewhere. This way, folks won't have to keep guessing what is the custom process for brand xyz, and OP can just decide for themself.

Edited by pgeorgan