Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Doug Bierleaguer

Graf Ultra 5000 Blade loose

I have picked up some gently used Graf Ultra G5 and love them more than my CCM's.  🙂  After a couple of games walking back to the locker room heard a blade click 😞 . The screw holding the blade tight loosens with cold and vibration I think.  I've tried loctite blue and after one game success, but afraid it will become loose again.  Anyone have experience with this and some good ideas? Here are my new used skates with comparison to my CCM's. 

4 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Adding an extra washer or two to the barrel nut may help that issue

Yes, that helps. Though, they are known for having issues with staying "locked in." 

Man, this thread takes me back! I had a pair of those Graf Ultra G5's many years ago. Tried to love them and get my money's worth for 3 years but could never get them quite right after multiple punches and what not. Had the worst bunion pain ever right where the boot met the toe-cap on them. Also had issues with the blade loosening up, and like you, tried blue loctite. I also remember them giving off some crazy "whaaauuunnnnt" vibration noises when stopping.

13301428_10154341896939258_5620071394761

Edited by beedee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1