Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

best chasis out there?

A lot of people would say that the red start alloy is the best. I do have a couple friends that have it and love it. I have a sensor, and I love it, but all I can compare it to are flat chassis. The sensor tends to be a little less expensive as well.

yeah $170 is alot for a frame. I managed to get a pair of g-90's from hockey giant when they were $150, so I basicly got a sensor and a set of dynasties for $150. I just trashed the pos boot and bearings. If you're looking for something cheap, you could always get an old flat suregrip chassis. The 405's are tanks, and can be had for like $40

yeah $170 is alot for a frame. I managed to get a pair of g-90's from hockey giant when they were $150, so I basicly got a sensor and a set of dynasties for $150. I just trashed the pos boot and bearings. If you're looking for something cheap, you could always get an old flat suregrip chassis. The 405's are tanks, and can be had for like $40

without a doubt the red star alloy is the best out there, and in my opinion, the best ever made. On Tuesday I have a surprise foy you guys. My new skates. Ill give ya a hint, it has the alloy chassis on it. This is seriously going to be the sickest skate out there.

so, what makes the red star alloy or the sensor so nice? in comparison to the other chassis uve tried. just curious.

I'll have to hold my hand up and vote for Red stars too at this point. The alloy and e-frame are very nice, haven;t tried the sensors yet but am told they are nice.

Justin- how long does it typically take to develop the chassis? are you part way through the design process or are you just projecting what you have in the works to next year?

Also are you just tinkering with the hi-lo or are you drastically changing things up?

without a doubt the red star alloy is the best out there, and in my opinion, the best ever made. On Tuesday I have a surprise foy you guys. My new skates. Ill give ya a hint, it has the alloy chassis on it. This is seriously going to be the sickest skate out there.

V12's, alloy's, rinkrats :D

try gooseshockey.com and get a pair of kuzak split chassis. Im not sure if they still have them but they did the last time I checked.

I know a lot of you will not like to hear this, but when my son switched to the 2 degree Nexed Stinger chassis, he found he gained significant speed without any loss of agility, or lengthening of the chassis. Previously he had used several different Labeda' chassis', a "Volcanic's" chassis(too tall), and a Red Star chassis....all Hi/Lo's

The wheels on the 2 degree Hi/Lo Stingers are offset at 2 degrees from the vertical, so that the lead wheels which are angled inward, maintain a better angle to the floor for longer..extending the duration of push..kind of the same effect that using a larger front wheel would have, but without increasing the wheel size, or the length of the chassis....too bad they stopped making them.....the flop of the 16 degree V-Form concept and the subsequent marketing problems really did Nexed in.....

Look around for one of those used somewhere...maybe e-bay..and you should be very happy....after they decided to stop making these skates which sold new for around $340.00, they were dumped for as low as $139.00/pair on Hockey Giant...finding a chassis cheap may not be too hard.

I know a lot of you will not like to hear this, but when my son switched to the 2 degree Nexed Stinger chassis, he found he gained significant speed without any loss of agility, or lengthening of the chassis. Previously he had used several different Labeda' chassis', a "Volcanic's" chassis(too tall), and a Red Star chassis....all Hi/Lo's

The wheels on the 2 degree Hi/Lo Stingers are offset at 2 degrees from the vertical, so that the lead wheels which are angled inward, maintain a better angle to the floor for longer..extending the duration of push..kind of the same effect that using a larger front wheel would have, but without increasing the wheel size, or the length of the chassis....too bad they stopped making them.....the flop of the 16 degree V-Form concept and the subsequent marketing problems really did Nexed in.....

Look around for one of those used somewhere...maybe e-bay..and you should be very happy....after they decided to stop making these skates which sold new for around $340.00, they were dumped for as low as $139.00/pair on Hockey Giant...finding a chassis cheap may not be too hard.

dude, those things suck. I have skated those before, absolutely terrible.

What did I say in my original statement??? :blink:

Thanks for your detailed assesment....

Of the six I know who use(d) or still do, three play pro inline, and all use them out of preference..remounting them on different boots as necessary.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'll have to hold my hand up and vote for Red stars too at this point. The alloy and e-frame are very nice, haven;t tried the sensors yet but am told they are nice.

Justin- how long does it typically take to develop the chassis? are you part way through the design process or are you just projecting what you have in the works to next year?

Also are you just tinkering with the hi-lo or are you drastically changing things up?

By the end of this year, the new skates will be in the market. Our high end skate will have a new chassis construction, but will still be Hi-Lo....

Hi-Lo is the standard for a reason...We will stay with it and continue to stay with it...

Justin

What did I say in my original statement??? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your detailed assesment....

Of the six I know who use(d) or still do, three play pro inline, and all use them out of preference..remounting them on different boots as necessary.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

would you like a detailed assesment? I can give you one if you like, I just didnt want to steal someone's thread with a long post about a shitty chassis. Sorry.

Feel free to share.....I've seen them used and enjoyed by top line players including "Szabes" for a few years, and not seen any of this negative feedback.... as well as using them myself.

Feel free to share.....I've seen them used and enjoyed by top line players including "Szabes" for a few years, and not seen any of this negative feedback.... as well as using them myself.

ok, here goes.

First of all, I felt that when I pushed off the chassis flexed far too much for me. Maybe it was the boot. I was using my friends skates, VSI, with the stinger. Now in principle, I think the idea is somewhat sound. Especially for ice hockey players. However, It doesnt practically work. The wheel profile changes the way the chassis touches the floor. To me, it created an un-balanced feeling, that I didnt like, especially when cornering. It made me feel as though I was going to fall down. Now, I am used to the Vibe chassis, which I will readily admit is one of the worst designs ever. However, I just got a new set up, that I feel will kick any other set ups ass that is currently out there. Tomorrow I will post pictures, but just imagine this set-up: Nike V12, with the Red Star Alloy, Rink Rat HotShots, and Swiss bearings. Now, I could have gone with the Hornets, I just feel that the HotShot makes more sense. And hey MDE3, is your name Phil Steur?

Those are sick looking skates. I like the bottle of Jack in the background :D

yeah, what can I say, im English, we tend to have random bottles of alcohol lying around. Anyway, that second shot, was a bit off angle. No wonder I got a C in photography...

No..not Phil Steur.. B)

But as I said..beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am not kidding when I say most of those who have used them were very happy....However switching from a "Vibe" to that chassis might make anyone feel awkward. As far as the chassis flexing...I think maybe the mounting rivets loosened up, or the boot sole might have been separated...certainly have seen those things happen. Never had a problem with the chassis not being rigid enough.

Because my son is so fussy about his equipment, and plays Inline at a pretty competitive level (MLRH, PIHA, Tohrs Pro), I repect his judgement...he has skated on a lot of different custom skate/chassis combinations for the last 8 years, and he used the 2 degree Stinger out of choice, not necessity.

The offset on the 2 degree is so small that most people do not even not notice the transition if they were already wearing hi/lo's, or even when you show them it's hard to really notice....Are you sure it was the two degree and not the eight degree chassis, which they also made for the Stinger, and which neither I nor my son could get comfortable with, and which really looks clunky. Like you said on cornering..you felt like you were going to "tip over".

On the 2 degree chassis, every player I know who used them felt like they gained a little speed..using the same wheels..usually Milleniums at the time. The wheel bottoms are still so close together that you seem to still be able to get all 4 wheels to grip under hard cornering, with the lead wheel just adding a little more bite being slightly more vertical as you cornered.

I realize that these chassis are not even commercially available unless you find one used, but I have felt for a long time, that Nexed had a good thing with this chassis, but that it got overlooked because of the V-Forms, and also the 8 degree chassis....however you will also find people who like those too.

I also tried the 16 degree V-Forms when they first came out, and could never get used to them either.

I wont post on this again...and not to say there aren't better chassis, just I always felt this one got overlooked.