Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

best chasis out there?

No..not Phil Steur..but as I said..beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am not kidding when I say most of those who have used them were very happy....However switching from a "Vibe" to that chassis might make anyone feel awkward. As far as the chassis flexing...I think maybe the mounting rivets loosened up, or the boot sole might have been separated...certainly have seen those things happen.

My son plays PIHA and MLRH and has since he was 16..they made an exemption for his age based on his skating ability in MLRH(normally 18 under)...while wearing the Stingers I might add....lol. They were mounted on Graf 704's after the Stinger boot came apart.

The offset on the 2 degree is so small that most people do not even not notice the transition if they were already wearing hi/lo's, or even when you show them it's hard to really notice....Are you sure it was the two degree and not the eight degree chassis, which they also made for the Stinger, and which neither I nor my son could get comfortable with. Like you said on cornering..you felt like you were going to "tip over". On the 2 degree chassis, every player I know who used them felt like they gained a little speed..using the same wheels..usually Milleniums at the time. The wheel bottoms are still so close together that you seem to still be able to get all 4 wheels to grip under hard cornering, with the lead wheel just adding a little more bite being slightly more vertical as you cornered.

I realize that these chassis are not even commercially available unless you find one used, but I have felt for a long time, that Nexed had a good thing with this chassis, but that it got overlooked because of the V-Forms, and also the 8 degree chassis....however you will also find people who like those too.

I also tried the 16 degree V-Forms when they first came out, and could never get used to them either.

im pretty sure it was the 2 degree one. I remember him telling me that specifically. As you said, to each their own. I guess chassis are personal preference. All of the ones listed are good in their respective ways. I still firmly beleive that the best one overall is the Red Star Alloy.

Yes, he plays on the "speed line" with Mike Cianfrani, JD Davidson and Mattie Denton.

i always wondered what happened with CianFrani. I saw that kid play a couple years ago, and he was absolutely amazing. But i havent seen any MLRH players(that i know of) playing.

Well Mattie is not a spectacular player, but he is very hockey smart, and does things so well you don't really notice him that much.

Yes, he plays on the "speed line" with Mike Cianfrani, JD Davidson and Mattie Denton.

i always wondered what happened with CianFrani. I saw that kid play a couple years ago, and he was absolutely amazing. But i havent seen any MLRH players(that i know of) playing.

He has been playing college ice hockey, some MLRH with Garden State Ottakringer, now PIHA, and I'm sure he will be on a couple of the Snipers teams still at Narch.

You probably have seen more than you know, as quite a few of the Tour Mudcats play in MLRH, several of the Rink Rat Bombers, and a few of the Snipers as well. Quite a few of the Tournament Pro players play in PIHA, from the Mudcats, Snipers, Scorpions, Cyberweld Wolves, and a few others whose team names do not leap to mind.

To Hehatemefrisbee. That Nike skate is awesome. What I like most is that the CHASSIS FITS!!! I can't stand when the wheels extend in front or behind the boot. You, and it is rare, actually understand this. I am curious about what size the boot was and what size the Chassis was. Looks like about a 10 boot with a S or M chassis, but I could be way off. I always remove the chassis and remount to get the wheel away from the front of my toe.

BUT, my friend, you are wrong about the 2 DEGREE Stinger chassis. It is very, very good. In fact, 99 out of 100 guys would never know the difference if they put it on without knowing the miniscule angle on the wheels. Please do not say the change is dramatic or drastic. We sold so many of those and guys loved that skate.

I am not sure why but when I switched from the 2 Degree Stinger(SOLD it) and went to a traditional Hi Lo, I felt a little less push off. Not sure why and now that i am used to the Hi Lo, it feels just as good as anything out there, including the Stinger when i was using it.

Last thing, only 2 things matter in achassis and I will go to my death with this as i have experimented at NAUSEUM with it. 1) How low is your foot to the surface. This is where technology really works and the Sensory sole or other top end boots, really make a difference. I have spoken to Cookie several times about this and he says that the closer to the ground you can get the boot, without the sides scraping on tight turns, the better. THIS IS THE GOAL!!. this is also why that Alloy chassis is so friggin' good. The clearance on those front wheels is as close to the boot as possible. Just perfect. 2) Are the wheels under the boot? That is key. Look at the ice blades on any hockey skate. The rocker points and entire surface, is under the boot. I have no clue why so many manufacturers put the bigger chassis on the skates when they do manufacture a smaller one. I know they are only wanting to produce 3-5 sizes, but they should ALWAYS err on going to the shorter wheel base....every time. Just look at the ice skates.

Sorry to be so opinionated and yeah, it is up to the beholder, but if your foot is as low to the grond as possible and the wheels are under the boot, HiLo, 2 degree and FLAT frames, wil not make ANY DIFFERENCE.

Rexxy

After reading this thread I'm thinking I need new skates. I'm just using 2003 Mission D3 that need a wheel change like no ones business. To bad I'm poor :D

hehateme, how long have u skated on those? i only ask because i did the same thing to pure flys and the chasis doesnt stay bolted down, its not a big deal because the bolt it tight enough and just extends out more, but it can get annoying, u had any problem like that? or wasit just the installers of mine

hehateme, how long have u skated on those? i only ask because i did the same thing to pure flys and the chasis doesnt stay bolted down, its not a big deal because the bolt it tight enough and just extends out more, but it can get annoying, u had any problem like that? or wasit just the installers of mine

yeah, actually i did have that problem, i just tightened the rivets down. I have only been skating in them for about 2 weeks. Im still getting used to the chassis after using the beastly vibe.

I would have to say the new tour humer chasis are the best out. even tho most people say all 80s dont work hear me out. ive used tour for the last 3 years. tour always comes up with new ideas. this new frame is just like anything else tour makes awesome. with the all 80s you go faster you stop quicker and you have more wheel on the ground. if you think you lose an edge in turning just think of how much u make up in the straight aways and stops. i recommend these skates to all players.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Same goes for the Tuuk Rocker we were discussing earlier...

Yes if the shoe fits....and you are comfortable with them of course....I was just explaining why they never did well at the elite levels.