Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbettner66

Sweet move i've never seen b4

That was an awesome move. Maybe if the rest of the other team is dead or in the penalty box I'll get a chance to try that one.

true, its not often that you get a chance to do a move like this - if u tried something fancy like this in a normal game and missed you might get benched or something for trying to show off - and even before that you have to get a blatant breakaway to have time for a move like that

well the other post was in the ice hockey section - but they moved it over here - if i could delete one of them i would :(

on a side note i guess you can sorta compare the 2 moves - but i would say that datsyuks wasnt really a backhand toe drag - he just pulled it back really quickly

either way i still just like watching them - i dont want to argue over them

I am sorry, but I do not think that Datsyuk move was anything special. Turco was out too far and played it like a fool. He sold him on the fake, after that all he did was shift the puck around him. The actual skill for that lies in the sell and puck bag between the pipes. I honestly don't believe Roloson was "expecting" the same move, I just think he was ready for the breakaway (which I don't think Turco was).

I agree with you Eazy, basically it looks like he tried to just bring it back a last time and got it on the heel, I like the other one better

Practice. This one is nice but really not that tough. Datsyuk's is far tougher because of the edge he skates on his outside skate in transition of the puck to the backhand. This one is just nice cause you never see anyone bust it out, but its not difficult.

that's what the clip is of...the chl allstar game...also the move is kinda what datsyuk except datsyuk did it with a backhand heel drag....much harder

not really, datsyuk just pulled it back, nothing special.

I don't think actually executing it is that difficult for even an intermediate player, but having the creativity to think it up and actually pulling it off in a game/shoot out situation is the difficult part.

The reverse to drag is difficult to do at full speed. I first heard of it a few years ago when my friend came back from Finland he saw alot of the guys he played against use it in games. Its actually fairly difficult to execute at full speed.

that's what the clip is of...the chl allstar game...also the move is kinda what datsyuk except datsyuk did it with a backhand heel drag....much harder

not really, datsyuk just pulled it back, nothing special.

ohhhh no. datsyuks goal is a LOT harder than you think. ive tryed it many times and its hard to be able to cut back (even slightly) like that on one skate. try it in practice some time, he really makes it look easy..... a lot easier than it really is

Just so that you know -Datsyuk does backhand toe drag quite frequently too, it's one his trademarks. When turning left (around a defender who is to his left) he shows the puck to a D on a backhand then backhand toe drags it into his skates and then out onto his forehand. Seen him do that a few times, last time - last week in a game Dynamo- CSKA.

I am sorry, but I do not think that Datsyuk move was anything special. Turco was out too far and played it like a fool. He sold him on the fake, after that all he did was shift the puck around him. The actual skill for that lies in the sell and puck bag between the pipes. I honestly don't believe Roloson was "expecting" the same move, I just think he was ready for the breakaway (which I don't think Turco was).

You're right, but you have to admit it looked amazing when it happened.

I find that the backhand toe drag is a lot easier than the datsuyk..not sure why, but the Datsyuk is my "Number 1" move and i do it 99% of the time....when I did the backyhand toe drag today in practice I could do it no problem...in any case i'm sure it justs depends on the tyoe of stickhandler you are.

I do not disagree with that at all. I just think if I am coming in I will try do something similar if not exactly the same as Datsyuk a million times over before I would even attempt a reverse toe drag and yes, I am able to do both of those.

well you guys definately have your opinions - i just love watching these kind of moves - not arguing about them

i can barely do any of them - so i better go practice now - cya!!!

make sure you have the latest version of windows media player and that you can view other videos like some of the free ones on nhl.com - if you can view those videos then you shold be able to view these ones as well...