Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Goon

Should I profile?

Just got new skates for the first time in years. They feel great but I feel like I’m more on my heels now vs on my toes before. Feels like I’m leaning back more. 
I can slightly feel the runner lift off the ice at the front when I lean back. 
Having said this, I feel more agile on the ice. Stopping feels better and pivots feel good. 
Would a profile help push my centre of gravity further forward like my old skates? Would that have an impact on the good things I’m experiencing with the new skates or could this be more related to the sharpen than the profile? Or should I just stick with it for now and see how I adapt? I’ve only skated on the new skates once. 

Making significant tweaks after one skate is not a wise move. The feel of new skates can and will change after each skate as you get dialed in on how you tie your skates and as the foams compress. The new, fluffy foams can cause your foot to seat slightly different each time. You need time to see how things settle and feel things out.

To add, if after skating for a while all you feel is off is the pitch, you can get a shim put in for cheaper than profiling and if it isn’t the issue it’s easily reversible.

Getting profile recommendations on the internet, even from knowledgeable people who have never seen you skate isn’t a high percentage endeavor.

Profiling can be a great tool to dial in your skating.  But like others have said, you need to get used to the new skates first ( 8-10 times of skating at least in my opinion ) to see where you may or may not benefit from profiling.

• Like 1

It took me quite a few hours to get used to my new skates, which had a different profile and pitch. I now love them. Hence I agree with the others here.