Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
krisdrum

Narrow-est shinguards

My 14 yo has severely outgrown his current shins (Supreme 3S Pro - 12") - a good 2-3 inch gap between bottom of guard and top of boot - I'm just waiting for a low hard shot to hit him in that gap and put a baseball on his ankle.  Bought him a pair of 13" Machs, but he is saying they are too wide and move around / slide down, even when taped.  Could be he just needs to get used to them, or he needs a narrower cut.  What shins are narrower than the Supremes?  CCM Jetspeeds?  Warrior?  He tried my Tacks on and they were worse than the 13" Machs.  He likes a nice contoured / close fit and at the moment has pretty slim lower legs.  

I'd check out the Vapors. I have skinny lower legs, and when I was looking a few years back, I found them to be the narrowest option (or at least the option that fit me best).

• Like 1

Depending on how narrow his legs are, check out the FTW line from CCM. They're mostly like FT6s, but have D3O in the kneecaps and are slimmer for women.

I really liked the idea of these pads, but for an average sized male they don't even come close to fitting. Obviously they're not supposed to, but it would be nice to have shin pads (or elbow pads) that are streamlined like Jetspeeds with D30 like Tacks

He tried some stuff on yesterday and walked away with the Vapor 3X Pro shins.  He felt like the Hyperlite fit a bit different and not quite as well.  Tried them out last night, and no adjustment period - which is odd for him, as he is such a creature of habit that usually gear changes of any kind take him a bit to get used to.  Hence why he fights me to get new stuff and ends up playing for way too long in 12" shins that leave a huge gap between his boot and pad.  

• Like 1