Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Skates at the $250-300 Price Point

Hi guys. I know there have been a lot of posts lately about skates, and I have read them all and still have some questions.

I am in the market for some new skates as my Mission D3's are falling apart and a bit to small. I don't hold an allegiance to any particular company so I'm open to about anything.

The maximum I want to spend is $300 and if I can spend less and still get quality skates I would prefer to do that (going to college in a couple months).

I like stiff skates but not to stiff. I still like them to be flexible. My D3's have always been uncomfortable, and after skating on them for abotu an hour my feet really hurt, so I would like skates that are REALLY comfortable.

I also skate alot. When it's warm I try to get out for an hour or two everyday, plus games once or twice a week. I also intend on playing inline in college, and I want these to last me a while.

So what should I get? I've been looking at Tour Blue Max's, Mission He750's, and the CCM PF8. If I could find a pair of Mission D1 or D1c's I would also be very interested in those. I wear a size 12 shoe so I figure a size 11.5 or 12 skate is what I'm looking for.

Any input you guys can give is very much appreciated.

My toes weren't the problem. I always had this throbbing ache in the arch of my foot.

Those CCM PF8's seem pretty nice...

I have the mission d1c's and d2c's and the d2c's are more comfortable than the d1c's. I've seen some on the net for as low as 179.00. (bought mine for that price). Just got to look around, as they are getting kinda scarce.

My toes weren't the problem.  I always had this throbbing ache in the arch of my foot. 

Those CCM PF8's seem pretty nice...

If you were having throbbing pain in your arches, that means the Missions probably had too high of an arch for your foot which I assume is pretty flat since the arch on Missions are pretty much in the middle and nothing too extreme like on Bauers and Nike's.

If I were you and had your foot type, I would definitely go for the CCM's. Just remember, a skate that fits someone perfectly and is extremely comfortable for them can be the complete opposite for you. From what i've read, CCM's seem like the perfect skate for your foot type.

The arch on the vectors are pretty mild, smaller than mission's inlines and bauer/nike stuff. You might want to try on a pair of the tour inlines. People seem to be pretty high on the frames, and the boots this year are a little more traditional fitting than the G series. The slivermax tours would run you about $250.

Also the Tours with the new Hum'er chassis have a visibly low arch radius on the outside of the boot due to the low profile of the chassis...if you need an even lower arch, then simply cut some off the insole. The Tour skates are also pretty supple..even the Blue Max, which is a bit stiffer than the Beemer, is also pretty flexible. If you go with the Tour skates, you will want to go at least one full size smaller than your shoe size....that's how they seem to fit. Most players seem to be going by the one size smaller rule for the Tours. Although my son is going about 1.5 sizes smaller, he tends to like a tight fit but in a loose flexible skate.

I have been a long time reader of the site and finally decided to join. I don"t know if any of you guys would be interested but I got a pair of CCM PF8s as a gift and they are too big for me. They have never been used and are mint size 9E. By the way as to your question on price point I got a great deal on a pair of Mission RPMs if you can find a pair you shoud give them a try.

Those Silver Maxs look really nice, and I've been wanting to try out that hummer chassis, so I may go ahead and pick up a pair of those. The added bonus of a nice helmet is a plus too.