Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

Who are the best power forwards in NHL history?

The FSN top 10 player list made me think - who do you think the top power forwards are in history, and why?

For instance, Cam Neely, perhaps John Leclaire (back in the day), some might argue Dino Cicarelli, etc.

Graves is probably the most underrated power forward in recent history. Put up really good numbers, but was always the 3rd or 4th most noticable guy on his own team.

Howe

Neely

Lindros

Leclair

Graves

Andreychuk

What about Tkachuk and Messier? Messier could lay people out (wiht his elbows and stick as well as with his shoulder) as well as he could score for a while and Tkachuk may be the premeir power forward in the game today. Also, Shanahan should be up there somewhere.

Graves is probably the most underrated power forward in recent history. Put up really good numbers, but was always the 3rd or 4th most noticable guy on his own team.

With Mess, Leetch, Richter, etc... that's understandable

Howe

Neely

Lindros

Leclair

Graves

Andreychuk

You think Adam Graves was a power forward? Hmmm...... never quite thought of him that way.... I'll have to ponder that one.

Obviously, Shanahan would have to be added to the list.

Howe

Neely

Lindros

Leclair

Graves

Andreychuk

What about Tkachuk and Messier? Messier could lay people out (wiht his elbows and stick as well as with his shoulder) as well as he could score for a while and Tkachuk may be the premeir power forward in the game today. Also, Shanahan should be up there somewhere.

Bertuzzi is an awesome power forward too. EDIT-- Can't leave out Forsberg.

Howe

Neely

Lindros

Leclair

Graves

Andreychuk

You think Adam Graves was a power forward? Hmmm...... never quite thought of him that way.... I'll have to ponder that one.

Obviously, Shanahan would have to be added to the list.

He hasn't played a power game in a long time.

He hasn't played a power game in a long time.

Who? Shanny, or Graves?

(Bobby) Hull, Bertuzzi, Kapuke, and Mess would be excellent additions as well.

I was referring to Shanny. Graves played the power game until the end of his career.

I agree with the Neely and Lindros (Who I personally think was the ultimate PF of the 90's) references, of course.

Just for fun, compare the career number of Lindros and Neely.

GP - G - A - Pts - PIM

678-356-461-817-1285

GP - G - A - Pts - PIM

726-395-299-694-1241

I don't consider Foppa a power forward to be honest. A power forward in my mind has to drop the gloves every once in a while. I love Foppa, don't get me wrong, but I just don't seem him as highly as the others. I agree with Chadds list, I like Bert and Iggy for recent guys, Tocchet I'd toss in, maybe take Anderchuk off. Just because of his speed and toughness, he'd stand infront, but I never saw him throw a hit.

As a POWER forward? Mario never dropped the gloves, never crashed the net, never parked out front for a prolonged basis, and constantly whined about people touching him (what was the Jacques Lemaire quote about Lemeuix complaining about clutching/grabbing?).

Mario is an AMAZING hockey player. But, rough & tough power forward he is not.