Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

Job Interview Tomorrow :(

Well, I'm 17 and its time for me to get another job. I put in an application at a local gas station (Not a sheetz or anything, just a private owned one) back in October. They call yesterday and see if I'm interested. I didnt have a job right now, so I said yes. Bad Timing. I wasn't prepared for the call so I have no "dress" clothes or anything like that. I do have some good jeans and some polo/striped T-shirts with collars I could wear. Also, my hockey hair is still in full force and with my hair its wavy in front and down to almost my eyes, and its a mess in the back cause its pretty curly in the back. Girls are always telling me they'd love to have my curls thats how bad it is. I dont know what I should wear and what to do with my hair because even if I comb it it poofs out the sides and back. Any suggestions, should I go buy some nicer pants or what? I'd like to keep my hair but I want to make a good impression.

I have worked at the local Ice Rink and one other job before so hopefully that helps.

Go buy a pair of Dockers or knockoffs at wal-mart if funds are short. Combine that and a polo and you should be fine for an interview at a gas station. Spend a couple of minutes trying to figure out how to get your hair under control. Mine was always long enough that I'd just pull it back. Slicking it back may be the way to go, even if it isn't really "you".

Polos are fine if you put them with some slacks or something. As for the hair, they may have some issues but I don't know what to do with it. I'd say ponytail but that goes against the entire fibre of my being. They should give you some slack though since I'm guessing it's just a summer job.

Ljack suggestions were good, I'd say the same Knock-offs at Walmart or a similar place, Gel the hair, just make sure it looks respectable. This is a job interview so be prepared, try and practice a bit maybe get your parents to do a bit of a walkthrough with you. As long as you look decent and present yourself as well educated and capable you should be good for the interview.

good idea for the cheap knockoff pants. Bad thing is my hair isn't quite long enough to pull it back. I might just have to slick it back with gel or something like you said. I guess I'll find out how it goes tomorrow afternoon! :)

That'd be your best bet or to just cut off the salad and let it start again before next season. Wavy hair just seems like a pain trying to groom when it's long.

Unless you aren't gunna be slicking it back EVERY time you go to work, I wouldn't do it. If they don't hire you because of your hair, there is a problem. I work at a grocery store, and my manager likes my hair. He thinks it's cool, and all the chicks say I have the nicest "guy-hair" ever. Just leave it. About the clothes, go with what the other guys say. Or you could always ask Vapor, he knows ALOT about clothes, although they might be kinda expensive and metro-ish.

Unless you aren't gunna be slicking it back EVERY time you go to work, I wouldn't do it. If they don't hire you because of your hair, there is a problem. I work at a grocery store, and my manager likes my hair. He thinks it's cool, and all the chicks say I have the nicest "guy-hair" ever. Just leave it. About the clothes, go with what the other guys say. Or you could always ask Vapor, he knows ALOT about clothes, although they might be kinda expensive and metro-ish.

Vapor's clothes are not metro. They are to the left of metro. Think how California is to the left of Jersey.

About your hair problem, it is wavy, curly, and thick, so go to the hair dresser and get them to thin it out and then you will be able to gel it the way you want.. and if that doesn't work... straighten it with an iron and then gel it.

Guys, he's applying for a job at a gas station. It's not like he's running for president or anything. Just wear your darkest pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt. The most important thing that you should remember is to be confident in yourself when he's asking you questions. Just show that you're a people person and that you aren't afraid to talk. There aren't a whole lot of skills needed to work the register or put a tube in some guy's car so just be yourself and speak up. Don't cross any body parts or fidget either when you're talking to him because it's a natural sign that you're nervous or scared.

If they want you back in, I don't think they won't pick you for your job. I have pretty long hockey hair, than again i work at a hockey pro shop, so...

Well I got the hair trimmed, went down in dark pants and a shirt with 3 buttons on it and did the interview. It went pretty well, I talked alot and didnt fidget with nothing. Seems like I have a good chance. On a strange note, a local high school (not my high school) that I applied to a few months ago to do maintnance work over the summer sent me a letter today that said I was selected to be on the maintnance crew. I could go from no job to two jobs in like a week, which is ironic. Thanks for the help with the stuff guys.