Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceholes

legues, beer leagues, what do ya play for?

Our local league is organized to have a schedule administers it pretty well..

We get refs and essentially a 28 game season for $3000

We also get no score sheet besides teh final score...(no goals, assists, and penalties)

We also have no prize or award for winning the league or playoffs...no token anything...

I have heard some teams wish they had stats kept, and maybe T shirts or your name on a plaque in the Bar(there is a Bar at our rink) for winning it all.

I would like to see stats kept, and maybe a plaque mentionng the teams in the bar for the champ.

Is this expecting to much? I play for the thrill not any awards, but its nice to shoot for something. Heck in Softball we get a trophy and Champion T's or jackets.

It may be easier in getting sponsorship if there was some formal plan in place...

Just some thoughts...comments

My league is $7500 per team (not to mention parking) in NYC. My team just won the championship...you get to pose with a trophy, then they give you beer and pizza after the championship game. I feel that for that money, they should throw in championship shirts or hats or something.

Here is one of the division in the ASHL league. The ASHL uses pointstreak which give actual realtime scoring across the web. Just click on the team name and you get the last games box score, upcoming games, player stats... click the link below to see what I mean. There is a National Championship (includes teams from the northern US) and the winner is awarded the Canlan Cup.

http://icesports.com/ashlstats.php?leaguei...ter%202004-2005

Local roller league on Long Island, NY:

$195/player

one scrimmage, 10 games + playoffs

2 refs each game included

stats recorded (goals, first assist, and goalie's GPG only) stat leaders (goals, assists, points, goalies) on leagues site

get to keep jersey at the end

first place gets trophy. team photo w/ cup on website and on all the postcards/mailings they send out. second place gets trophies

o they always have someone doin game music and announcements, which is pretty cool

My league is $7500 per team (not to mention parking) in NYC. My team just won the championship...you get to pose with a trophy, then they give you beer and pizza after the championship game. I feel that for that money, they should throw in championship shirts or hats or something.

You must play at Chelsea Piers. I hear that league is excellent but the parking and everything else is very expensive.

Being a four team league that grew out of a weekly pick-up game, we don't have much, but use what we have. One of our members is a graphic artist, so we got a sweet deal on jerseys with custom logos. One of the others set up our web site, with stats, schedules, etc.

CPHL

As to what we play for, it's just bragging rights and a chance to hoist the cup (that's a 1000ml can on top, so it's actually a decent size). As you can see, we don't take ourselves too seriously. And, at $650 a team (jersey included) you can't beat the deal. It's pretty amazing what you can get set up with a group of willing people.

Being a four team league that grew out of a weekly pick-up game, we don't have much, but use what we have. One of our members is a graphic artist, so we got a sweet deal on jerseys with custom logos. One of the others set up our web site, with stats, schedules, etc.

CPHL

As to what we play for, it's just bragging rights and a chance to hoist the cup (that's a 1000ml can on top, so it's actually a decent size). As you can see, we don't take ourselves too seriously. And, at $650 a team (jersey included) you can't beat the deal. It's pretty amazing what you can get set up with a group of willing people.

HAHA.. I absolutley love your "CUP" hahaha.. too cool.. awesome.. hehehe

Our league just started last year.. we are in our second season. Was a bunch of mothers who watched there kids play enough and wanted some action! lol.. some of us are already good (yea im braggin') <laffs> But last year we had 4 teams this year we had 5.. so it grew in a year. We have fun. Link below to our webpage. We don't have a league webpage yet. We are the "State Farm Insurance" team but hubby thought it a good idea to call us "LadY Devils"... lol Check us out! lmao

MY HOCKEY TEAM

Great job with the site Grinder...

The more I think of it, I want a score sheet after each game with goals and 1st assist and penalties.

I want the league to keep an updated standings and stat sheet. A website is a longshot..(although its simple there are so many places to set one up with fill in the blank info.)

Give a trophy, hell us hockey players love the Stanley Cup!!!

Or some T's to brag about a championship!!!

Lots to work out , but we can dream...

Our shop is considering sponsoring a trophy for the league at our rink since the rink doesn't do it.

Thanks, Chickwithastick! Your website is impressive, and I like the photo section. Icehole - for the stats, we mandated that each team not playing has to provide a stats keeper (all games are back to back on a Monday night, so it's not too much of an imposition).

As far as trophies, the one I whipped up is made from some old steel bowls, worn out wheels, and some furnace duct parts. I drilled a hole through the middle of everything, then I put a threaded steel rod down the middle to hold it together. We use a real live felt pen to write down the names and rosters of those who win.

Just curious.....was that $3000/team or player?..if $3000/team that is awfully inexpensive for an ice season of 28 games.

The $195.00 / player / 10 game "season" for the inline hockey including the "extras", is about par for the course.

Most leagues I have seen have stats. trophies etc.....almost to the point of being embarrassing.....

My league is $7500 per team (not to mention parking) in NYC.  My team just won the championship...you get to pose with a trophy, then they give you beer and pizza after the championship game.  I feel that for that money, they should throw in championship shirts or hats or something.

You must play at Chelsea Piers. I hear that league is excellent but the parking and everything else is very expensive.

where exactly is that place?? i heard its unreal over there. The only info i saw on their site is the pier numbers, and i have no friggin clue where they are. I work right on Greenwich street, right on the westside highway. i wanna go check it out on my lunch break one day. They have a shop there too right??

edit: grinder i just crapped myself when i saw the muffdivers logo on your site, that is classic!

My beer league is $3250 per team and we only have a 12 game schedule plus playoffs. They don't keep any stats at all except for the final score and we don't get anything for winning the championship.

Thanks, Chickwithastick! Your website is impressive, and I like the photo section. Icehole - for the stats, we mandated that each team not playing has to provide a stats keeper (all games are back to back on a Monday night, so it's not too much of an imposition).

As far as trophies, the one I whipped up is made from some old steel bowls, worn out wheels, and some furnace duct parts. I drilled a hole through the middle of everything, then I put a threaded steel rod down the middle to hold it together. We use a real live felt pen to write down the names and rosters of those who win.

Thanks ;) Just started that recently..

mich

The main league around here gives out small (maybe 6-8inch tall) trophies to each player of the championship team.

Other leagues either give out nothing or $100 the next session.

The $100 is nice but it only translates to approximately $10 a player. I'd rather just have a plastic trophy to show for it....give it to my mom or grandparents so they can stick on the mantle.

well, I am playing for a OMHA championship as of right now. We are trying to repeat as 4time champions of the OMHA. every year, more or close to 50 teams compete all over ontario in the 'A' division.

We just beat Newmarket out, and are waiting who our oppenent is coming out of the east. they have a tourney this weekend. too many scraps in their conslation after you get beat out so they just did a 38 game sched and a 3 day tourney instead.

I seen a complete guys from around here(as in where i live) on the boards.

I play for the TNT Tornados Bantam 'A' team. we often go into AA tournaments. we happened to win one this year as well:)

Our beer league is pretty well run, the rink is a tad ghetto but the league is quality. Anyway there are two 21 game seasons plus playoffs, summer season only top 4 of 6 make the playoffs and winter all 6 make the playoffs with the final game being 2 out of 3. We have 2 refs and a scorekeeper who keeps shots, goals, 1st and 2nd assists. The refs often miss the second assists so they rarely get marked down unless someone tells them or they ask. The league uses hockeyweb.com to post scores, stats and schedule. Oh and there are I think 6 different leagues I'm not sure, novice, C, B, A, Senior C and maybe Senior B I'm not sure.

We pay about $1000-$1200 a tam, depending on which rink and how many games. Basically its about $100 a game. We have full stats and play 10 games + 1 practice + playoffs. Last time i checked you either got a t-shirt, or you played for free the next season, i cant remember which....

grinder i just crapped myself when i saw the muffdivers logo on your site, that is classic!

LOL....me too. That logo is hilarious.

smallMUFFDIVERS.jpg

Yeah, we put the 'assy' in 'classy'. We've got a graphic designer who plays that has a wicked sense of humour. Team names like that ( and others - one year I played for "The Man-Whores") should give you an idea of what our leagues all about. It'd be a shame to ever get too serious, since that's when you lose the fun.