Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hitz14

Mission goalie pads

i was recently at a tournament at eaglebrook prep school and the goalie on team carolina had missions goalie pads. the goalie on my team said that he had never heard of or seen any mission goalie gear. his dad asked around for the other goalies dad and eventually found him. the other goalies dad said that he knew someone that worked for mission and he was using the pads for free as advertisement. the goalie on my team really liked the pads and said they were good. he is going to get a pair for free and they will be used as advertisement just like the other goalie did. Does anyone have info on the new mission goalie equiptment?

thanks

While I'm not sure exactly what information you were requesting, this might provide some answers.

Can they be used on ice? Yes and no....

mike2.jpg

I do currently own a set of 2005 Motions that I use on ice although I wouldn't recommend it without some modifications (see below). I previously had a set of 2004 Motions and I wouldn't recommend them at all!!!

The 2005 pads do have substantially improved foams and are very capable pads for ice service. However, they still use a nylon weave on the inner leg instead of the synthetic leather. This nylon weave material acts as a brake on the ice if you are trying to slide in a butterfly postion. I currently have my pads out in BC at The Goalie Store getting the entire inner legs rebuilt with synthetic leather to cure this problem.

Information about the 2005 pads themselves can be found right on the Mission Hockey website. They are currently only listed in the roller hockey section. The ice section hasn't been updated since 2004.

Mission Web Site

If you are looking for information on how you might be able to get on board with some form of advertising program, contact Justin Herman at Mission. You can get him at the GoaliesOnly forum.

GoaliesOnly.com Message Board

Hope this helps answer your question. :)

Hey Netminda, I was thinking of doing that to my pads. How much is it costing you to do just the inner leg channel?

If you are looking for information on how you might be able to get on board with some form of advertising program, contact Justin Herman at Mission. You can get him at the GoaliesOnly forum.

GoaliesOnly.com Message Board

Hope this helps answer your question. :)

Netminder,

You are a little confused. I, Justin HERMAN am the owner of GoaliesOnly.com. However, Justin HOFFMAN is the designer of Mission Hockey's goal line. As a matter of fact, he posted in this thread, just above my post.

I think the Mission '05 stuff is very nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some to take out on the ice.

I think the Mission '05 stuff is very nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some to take out on the ice.

I know what you won't get, and that's Jell-O...

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
I know what you won't get, and that's Jell-O...

Why ya doggin? Why you bringin up Jell-O again?

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
do you want Beverly with that?

Inside joke; goodnight now!

Hey Netminda, I was thinking of doing that to my pads. How much is it costing you to do just the inner leg channel?

$275 Cdn plus shipping....

oops...sorry about mixing my Justin's... :rolleyes:

Mudbug33 gave me and Kristin passes for Disney last week. There's a Coca-Cola booth there that has soft drinks from around the world. He told us to drink Beverly. Turns out that it was the nastiest crap on earth. He's got jokes...

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
Mudbug33 gave me and Kristin passes for Disney last week. There's a Coca-Cola booth there that has soft drinks from around the world. He told us to drink Beverly. Turns out that it was the nastiest crap on earth. He's got jokes...

Need a right-handed glove? ROFLMAO!

Was the braking action that bad? Has anyone thought of a cheeper option that replacing the whole side? Disappointed in that, I just ordered some. :(

I know I used to have TPS pads that had nylon on the side and I dont remember a real differance to tell you the truth.

Was the braking action that bad? Has anyone thought of a cheeper option that replacing the whole side? Disappointed in that, I just ordered some. :(

I know I used to have TPS pads that had nylon on the side and I dont remember a real differance to tell you the truth.

Worse than you could ever imagine... :blink:

The good news is, once they are modded they are a nice pad. If you just ordered the new 2006 pad, I think they've made that change in their ice line up already. Factory jenpro inner legs...

Are the ones on the Mission Site now (the ice section) 05' or 06'? Are they the same style? I bought some from Inlinewarehouse.com, they quoted them as 05', but they look identical to the ones on the mission website now.

The Missions are very good pads and hold up well for ice even though they are made for roller. I've had a pair of the Mission Pro pads for about 3-4 yeas now and they still are holding up fantastically even though I use them for both ice and dek and play about 3-4 times a week. Like I said, they are the pro pads though. I'm sure they're made better then the cheaper versions.