Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modo22

What League/Sport do dislike the most?

What sport do you hate the most?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vote for NASCAR or any type of auto racing.

I mean, I see cars drive down the highway everyday at high speeds....big friggin' deal. Just in auto racing, they keep going in circles...like that's real intelligent! :blink:

I mean, I see cars drive down the highway everyday at high speeds....big friggin' deal. Just in auto racing, they keep going in circles...like that's real intelligent! :blink:

i know circles are boring, but even road racing (f1, la mans, scca...)?

NBA Basketball...I cannot understand how America loves this game. Any drive to the basket results in a whistle and a foul. You cannot touch anyone. There is no challenge for a 7 foot man with 3 1/2 foot arms to dunk. It is unbelievably boring.

NBA Basketball...I cannot understand how America loves this game. Any drive to the basket results in a whistle and a foul. You cannot touch anyone. There is no challenge for a 7 foot man with 3 1/2 foot arms to dunk. It is unbelievably boring.

I agree with that.

Dirt track racing is 100 times better than NASCAR. Theres a local dirt track that has 4 classes of cars racing Friday nights in the summer and I go pretty often. Its alot more exciting when the cars are sliding through the turns and you got 25 cars on 3/8 mile track. Granted their not going 180 mph like NASCAR, more like 100, but its still pretty exciting.

I grew up in a small town in central PA. If I wanted to see rednecks make left turns all night I would go home and sit downtown on any saturday in the summer.

soccer isn't as easy as some of you guys think it is.

yes it is, :D

if you've ever played soccer at a high level, not just rec league, you would know that it's a very demanding sport.

Soccer it's hard to play high level or not (maybe because where i live we have more challenge), anyway, for me, it's not as entertaining as hockey.

Too much slow play and now too much "defensive" play.

How about curling?

INSANE DISLIKE for Football, 5 seconds of play and then standing around for 45 seconds, that sounds like a really good sport. It's so boring, tried it and absoloutly hated it, the onlything the superbowl is good for is jannet jackson's right breast. :lol:

Dirt track racing is 100 times better than NASCAR.  Theres a local dirt track that has 4 classes of cars racing Friday nights in the summer and I go pretty often.  Its alot more exciting when the cars are sliding through the turns and you got 25 cars on 3/8 mile track.  Granted their not going 180 mph like NASCAR, more like 100, but its still pretty exciting.

Have you ever watched dirt track oval racing with souped up quads? "Flat-trackers"...40 - 65 hp.....Doing the 1/4 mile track around 75 - 80 mph, open wheel action with no roll cages or seatbelts....pretty insane.

Obviously so is motocross, but the corners aren't so hairy because they have to slow down a lot..TT racing too..similar to flat tracking, but with some mild jumps and sometimes a figure 8 track, or even a roadrace track with a few key leaps at critical points.

PS..little plug here...my son works at S&S speedways when he is not playing hockey, which is an indoor "slide car" track up here in NE PA.....closest thing to dirt track racing you can find ..off track.....PM me if you are in the area, I can hook you up with him. Won't be free, but if you come at the right time, he'll make sure you get your money's worth..... ;)

Anybody else in this thread feel kind of on the outs during "big" football or baseball games?

I live in new england so w/ the patriots and redsox being such a big deal, I'm one of the only people that sees no big deal in it, I'm a hockey guy.

With that said, everyone looks at me like I've got two heads when I say I don't give a squat about the superbowl or the pennant............then they'll say something real clever like "hey, where's hockey now?"

Just great.

And new england is supposed be one of America's hockey hotbeds. The fans are out there, but I hate it when hockey has to play second fiddle to non-transition sports like baseball and football.

I do however, love basketball. No skating involved but a lot of coordination/agility required none-the-less and it is a transition/aerobic sport.

i think bastketball and GUYS soccer are the worst....actually i cant stand any sport that isnt hockey...soccer isnt that bad for girls to play cause there isnt much else besides b-ball for them in the area that i live...i wouldnt watch it on tv or anything but going to the highschool game to watch some of my friends isnt that bad. football is pretty boring to, with all the breaks every 15 second but seeing as its the biggest sport in my community and im the only hockey player at my school of 1000 i kinda have to accept it.... <_<

I hate soccer/watching soccer. I also really hate NASCAR, because they drive around the track like 10000 times and all they do is drive really fast and drift behind the lead car..boring

INSANE DISLIKE for Football, 5 seconds of play and then standing around for 45 seconds, that sounds like a really good sport. It's so boring, tried it and absoloutly hated it, the onlything the superbowl is good for is jannet jackson's right breast. :lol:

i couldnt agree with you more

curling, soccer, rugby, and cricket are the ones in that list that I WOULD NOT go watch. Not entertaining enough.

MLB is annoying just because of the whole steroid ordeal.

Are you kidding me, rugby is awesome to watch. It's like football, but rougher and without pads :D Heck of a fun sport to play too.

Those guys are nuts i saw some women play and they were fricken huge and scary.

hate basketball mainly NBA but aside from the bracket I have nothing to do with college bb either.

I like college football and the NFL, I also like F1 and soccer.

Edit forgot motogp, those guys are nuts and its a blast to watch :D

Baseball is the most worthless "sport" I can think of. Three hours spent watching two guys play a very slow game of catch. Big freaking deal...

Hitting a 95mph fastball is certainly difficult, but what about one-timers in hockey? No the pass isn't doing 95mph, but you also don't have to aim a baseball at a 4'X6' target..

Part of my attraction for hockey is the fact that hockey players are the most complete athletes. They would excel at any sport you put them in. Hockey combines explosiveness, agility, strength, speed, endurance, power, balance, hand-eye coordination, and skill like no other sport does.

Hitting a 95mph fastball is certainly difficult, but what about one-timers in hockey? No the pass isn't doing 95mph, but you also don't have to aim a baseball at a 4'X6' target..

But you can expect the 90MPH pitch and swing at it and he throws you a 65MPH curveball.

How about standing in front of the net, and redirecting a 90+ mph slapshot when you have no idea where it is going....at you, or right or left of you..takes a bit of skill...All the baseball player has to worry about when the ball is coming at them. is getting out of the way...For a hockey player he has to get out of the way while trying to tip the puck at the same time.

Plus you do not get a stoppage in play, or anything but "free bruises" if it hits you.

Or what about a defenseman reaching out with his stick, and knocking a puck out of the air that is flying by at 80 mph on a clearing pass, and controlling it enough to regain possession..... and doing this while moving at speed. Hockey has been likened to playing basketball while running on marbles.....

Edge in general coordination requirements to hockey I believe. Not saying that the great baseball players do not have equal coodination to the great hockey players, but the frequency that great coordination is required, is higher in hockey than most other sports. Hence the aerobic conditioning required by hockey players exceeds the requirements of most other sports....they need to be in good enough shape that they do not lose this coordination over extended periods of high exertion.

All that said, many of these athletes at the top of their game, could have played professionally in a variety of the major sports, given the interest and opportunity.