Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cantor22

lacrosse

hey guys, this is my first year playing lacrosse and i need some opinions, i jsut made the school team and am looking to buy a stick, what should i be looking for in a beginner stick and head, id prefer to keep it pretty cheap, thanks

im looking jsut in general for a stick but i dont know what to look for, if any of you are familiar with lacrosse, ive been using the stx rotor head and i like it but what should i look for in a head for a beginner, thanks again

you want a nice offset, easy to scoop groundballs, something with a bigger face to make catching easier, not too pinched unless you have some sick moves. are you using a short stick or a long pole like myself, and how much $$$ do you want to spend on a head and a shaft???

Go with the original, Brine Edge. Its been around forever without being changed. Show's you something. As for a shaft, i'd go with a Brine or Gait. Warrior is the way to go if you have the $$. Lacrossedigest.com has the best prices, unless the stuff is on closeout.

Enjoy

Like mentioned before, get a wider face so its easier to catch. If you are a long pole you gotta get a good shaft so you don't warp them, I learned that the hard way.

cantor, if you want PM me, but i checked a few things out. your best bet would be to go with a brine f-15 or f-22 shaft, they changed the name so if you want specifics get back with me, brine stopped making the edge, god knows why and ive been pretty bummed with brine heads lately too, i use a warrior razor, but you should check out a warrior evolution or revolution, or a few mid grade STX or gait heads, but for specifics drop me a line and ill fill you in

I would recommend a Warrior Alloy 2000, it is a cheap, cheap, like I mean extremely cheap and relatively light shaft for the price. I think they are like 10 dollars US, if you decide to quit or something else comes up. When you are looking a little higher end than that for a shaft, go above the aluminum's seeing as though they are standard 'beginner' shafts. Go with a Brine Python, Warrior C405, Plat. CU31, your decent shafts. If you are looking for a step above those go with the kryptolyte series or krypto pro, those IMO are some of the best shafts available today, and you can find those for cheap in some places. For a head, like warrior37 said you want a nice offset head good for groundballs and catching/cradling. Maybe start off with a Evolution or Revolution, or a Blade, which has an inward sidewall that helps with shooting/passing. IMO its the best head on the market for the price, plus it is light as hell. Good luck with your buying.

I'm starting lacrosse this year too. I already got my stuff though. I got a Brine F-10 shaft and a Gait wizard head. The guy that showed me the stuff said that they'd be good for a beginner like me. Do you guys think thats a good combo to start with.

i wouldnt go with a f-10 or the warrior alloy shaft or any alloy for that matter, after age 12 any position the game will wear down any alloy, go with the brine f-15 well now its called the brine ignite, but by far the best shaft for the price on the market

i was thinking about getting into lacrosse too, i have my own stick, its a really nice one for the price i got (about 30 USD)...couldnt tell you the name but its a brine...got it from Dicks' Sporting Goods...but it's really nice...ill try and find out the name for you...

I would recommend a Warrior Alloy 2000, it is a cheap, cheap, like I mean extremely cheap and relatively light shaft for the price. I think they are like 10 dollars US, if you decide to quit or something else comes up.

Those are the worst shafts ever. Spend the extra $10 and get something better. Everyone who i know that had one either put dents in it like a goftball or bent it beyond use.

Anybody here use harrow shafts? I always liked those they felt the best. I used to play lacrosse 2 years ago...

I have a Harrow I-Beam sitting in my closet. I thought it was pretty darn good for the price i paid. If it was full retail price, i would steer towards another Warrior titanium shaft.

Anybody here use harrow shafts? I always liked those they felt the best. I used to play lacrosse 2 years ago...

I play with harrows and only harrows. As for a stick, I would go all out and spend it on a harrow or something, because if you buy something cheap like an AL2000 or something, itll just break over and over again. If you break a harrow in high school or anything else, it is either a defect or you are just a man beast and deserve a pat on the back for that. And yes, go for a wider head as a beginner. A Brine Ripper is a nice head to start out with.

Personally I would recommend a Debeer Icon, very good stick for a beginner and performs much better then all the other sticks in its price range. If you want a high quality stick and dont want to pay much go with the Icon.

I use them, but I flip them around so the I-Beam is on the bottom

man i wish i could play lacrosse, but there isnt a team within a coulple hundred miles of where i live!! damn UP :rolleyes: