Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDE3

Tour Beemer Inferno sticks

I was on another board, and someone posted that they found the Tour Beemer stick "EXTREMELY" blade heavy.....I found this to be strange given what I have seen and heard.

My son's experience with these sticks, and that of others we know who use them, were just the opposite....he found them EXTREMELY BALANCED.....and that this more than compensated for any difference in weight....not that they feel heavy....

Plus durability.....we have found that for my son's usage over a six month period, that he get's about 40 - 50% more life from his Tour Beemer X-2 Stiff Modano's(87 - 90 flex), versus the Synergy 85 Modano's he was using......

Between the 30% price difference, and the difference in life of the stick he has seen, that translates to about a 60% savings over time, versus using the equivalent Synergy....for him....not to say everyone has experienced the same thing.....Plus he likes the Inferno(Beemer) stick better than the Synergy...again understanding that it's personal preference.

Understanding that other than the extended life and the price differential, any of these other impressions are subjective, any comments from others who have been using them now that the stick has been on the market for a while?

I was on another board, and someone posted that they found the Tour Beemer stick "EXTREMELY" blade heavy.....I found this to be strange given what I have seen and heard.

Maybe the guys claiming blade heavy are shorties? ie. cutting a bunch off of the shaft which would make it more blade heavy?

I have yet to use the beemer, but I plan to at some point this spring.

My son uses a short stick...takes about 3" off the end and uses no plug...if anyone would find it blade heavy, he should....but he doesn't.....Also that was a comment from just one guy, but he went so far as to use the word "extremely" so I was curious if anyone else had felt this too.

what board was that?

the beemer senior weighs in at a healthy 495-505 variance but does have an extremely balanced weight to it. Even with the weight it feels lighter than a synergy to 9 out of 10 people. It is a very well engineered stick.

IHC (Inline Hockey Central)...equipment section. Your impression is exactly the same as I have heard elsewhere as well.

i just started using the beemer inferno ,what i didnt like about the stick was the grip on the blade,i took some sand paper and sanded the grip off ,it didnt seem to hurt the blade, used it a few times and no problems.

To be completely candid..he did get one free stick to try, and got hooked on them.

As fussy as my son is about what he uses, I can guarantee you he would not continue to use them after the first 5 minutes if he didn't like them....freebee or no freebee. I am still usually the one to pay..so I pay attention to how long they last....One for free, one warranty stick, and three purchased. The original stick he used in warm ups before a game, and then was slashed and the stick broken on the first shift of the game. That was the only one to break prematurely.

The Stiff X-2 is just slightly stiffer than the Synergy 85...rated at 87 - 90 flex. The stiff X-3 is rated at 100 - 110 I believe.

Yes the blade has a polyurethane finish, and tape will not stick to it....it is recommended to rub it down with fine sand paper to remove the liquid feeling polyurethane. The polyurethane almost "bleeds" a liquidy feel. That's also what gives the handle the sticky feeling without being a roughened surface. Nice graphics though.

To be completely candid..he did get one free stick to try, and got hooked on them.

I was only kidding, I'm sure it's a great stick. I haven't had the chance to try one yet.

I haven't either..but I pay a lot of attention to whether my son's hands are "working" or not, as it's a major part of his game.(poor kid has to put up with a father and ex coach scrutinizing his every move..at least when he let's me come to his games lol)

From what I can see of my son's game, the Tour is almost identical to the Synergy in performance(shot velocity etc), but seems to be a bit better for his game when playing loose pucks or picking them out of the air...... maybe due to balance, as well as having great "feel" on passes etc.

The finish of the stick seems to give it a bit more "grip" than the regular Synergy, without inhibiting your ability to slide your hands around or along the shaft as much as the Grip Synergy.

So with a slight advantage for him in peformance overall, and the difference in price and longevity....it's a no brainer for my son(or me). His analyses....."it feels good".....

Maybe this time I will get that check..... :D

You guys have gotten me interested.  Do you know of any places selling them for a good price?

I think official list price is only $100.00...but I have seen some pro-shops jack them up to $139.99, and "discount" them back to $120.00...once they figured out people liked them. Hockey Giant had them at "list $139.99"... "reduced" to $100.00

But I know from talking with a Tour rep, original list was intended to be $100.00..not sure if that has changed or not.

I had them $83/each(or was it 87...regardless) shipped from a dealer/// I can look it up again see if anyone wants that...

I was actually the person on the other board that found it to be blade heavy. My point of reference is the Synergy, which I hated because I felt like I couldn't really "feel" the puck. The Tour being more blade heavy is actually a good thing for me. My other stick is a mission m-2 shaft with an easton hybrid pro blade, which feels lighter at the blade end than the Tour. The Tour has an awesome feel to it, although I'm not terribly fond of tacky finishes on ops/shafts. Alot of the players here now use the Tour sticks, seeing as how we play leagues in the Tour inline arena and our choices are Tour or Easton in the pro shop. I suppose it all comes down to personal preference as always, but the Inferno is well worth the 100.00, and is much better than anything I've ever picked up from Easton, Mission, Nike or Bauer. I have no frame of reference on the CCM sticks unfortunately, but the Tour feels better than other ops I have tried.

Edit: I did not mean to imply the Tour stick is extremely heavy at all, just an extreme difference from the other ops I have tried

is that the green one piece they're making, because if it is, i hear bad things about it, it feels ok, but they get soft quick and they break easy...

is that the green one piece they're making, because if it is, i hear bad things about it, it feels ok, but they get soft quick and they break easy...

Yes, its the green one. Besides the "plastic feel", I've heard nothing but positive things about them.

Direct experience with the Tour Beemer Inferno sticks for six months:

My son has been using them in XIHL, and PIHA (semi-pro/elite inline leagues) since September, and so far is on his fifth Modano Stiff X-2, including the first one which did break from a hard slash on his first shift of the first game using the stick.

No other shafts have been broken yet. One stick did have the blade cracked when someone deliberately stomped on it during an XIHL game, but other than that, the sticks have been lasting on average about 6 - 8 weeks, versus the regular Synergy 85 Modano's he used to use....which lasted 3 - 4 weeks at the same level and frequency of competition, if no catastrophic failures occurred(which did happen).

We have seen no problem with the blades going "soft" unless they get cracked, which seems to be the most common way these sticks fail...much like the Synergy's but not as fast. (one timers are deadly for most composite blades)