Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtei

Best skates for around $200

Ok, I'm looking to spend about $200 on a pair of skates, what would you recommend?

I was looking at the Tour Redmax skates, but i am not sure on how those Labeda Hum'er chassis, anyone here try them out?

Or how about a nice boot/chassies combo for around $150 or so and i'll pick up some rink rats with the remaining money. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

I wound up getting Mission D2's. Only have had them a week, but so far so good. Very comfortable right out of the box. So comfortable that I opted not to have them baked.

Clearance skates will probably give you the best bang for your buck. That'd be the route I suggest. Take a look at the link though, alot of people have good ideas and it's basically the same question.

Maybe the Quest 3's, got them around that price and I am pretty happy with them.

Clearance skates will probably give you the best bang for your buck. That'd be the route I suggest. Take a look at the link though, alot of people have good ideas and it's basically the same question.

Great advice and exactly what I did. The D2's I got were the 2003 close outs, marked down to half of what they originally went for.

If hockey giant has the D1 or D limiteds form last year in your size, you can't beat the deal. The D1 is going for $199 and the limited for $299.

Guest Boston10

I bought the Nike Quest Gator's for $100 and let me tell you they are worth it. Once you have your feet in them you won't want to take them out and will skate for hours.

i bought my son the red max,for the money its a very good skate,all 80mm a concave in the front give you the high low effect, great speed.i have the 04 -d3s, i was surprised they are lighter then d1s and d2s,both skates came with good bearings 5s or 7s,red max came with dynasty grippers,d3s came with gripper lites,i changed those to rink rats.in my opinion i would stick with inline skates,rather then a ice hockey boot and inline frame,most times i have seen the chassis not line up right due to the holes that were there from the tuuk blade.the inline skates they make today are alot better than say7 or 8 years ago.

I got a pair of the D-Limiteds from totalhockey.net for 349.00..and worth every penny if I may say. Comfy right out of the box as everyone says.

i have nike quest 3's and they are awesome. got them on discount for 89usd. just have to get them stretched about a half size.

has anybody ever tried to stretch nike skates? im just wondering how well they stretch. thanks