Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Bertuzzi and Moore

I was just watching a video of the Todd Bertuzzi Steve Moore incident, and I realized that when the refs saw this, it seemed like they just slowly skated over. I know it was in slow motion, but even so, it looked as if the refs were taking their dear ol' time getting over to him http://www.uselessjunk.org/videos/bertuzzi...shots_moore.wmv

there's a link for the vid...does anyone else agree with me?

what did you want them to do? If they jump in, they get killed. If they try and pull people off they are again, putting themselves in danger and also Moore as well. They stood back and waited for an oppurtunity to jump in, I think it was the right thing to do.

I agree, Easy. There really wasn't anything the refs could do about it. The "play" was in the middle of the ice - away from the zebras - so it's obviously going to take them a little while to get in there. If they come sprinting in, they're probably going to be somewhat out-of-control and would have likely only created more problems by bumping into other players around the pile.

The only bad thing I see is Bert's gutless shot to the back of Moore's head...

actually, now that i hear Eazy's and Lkpt's opinions, you guys are right...the refs would of made it worse...a lot worse...guess i am wrong once again haha

whatever happened to bertuzzi?

is he banned forever form the nhl?

Waiting to be re-instated I believe. I haven't heard whether has or hasn't been and wouldn't expect anything until the CBA is resolved.

will he get jail time?

I believe he was involved in a plea bargain. Try searching in the NHL forum, you may have more luck.

just type in Bertuzzi or Bert into the search button in the bottom right corner of the NHL forum.

who cares, bertuzzi is a better player than moore, id be pissed too but its not like any of us know all the details or were there or can do anything about it

whatever happened to bertuzzi?

is he banned forever form the nhl?

Waiting to be re-instated I believe. I haven't heard whether has or hasn't been and wouldn't expect anything until the CBA is resolved.

Rumor is that the NHL is in no rush to reinstate him considering Moore's medical condition and the lack of an NHL CBA. Hockey Canada wanted him reinstated so he could play in the world championship tournament. The IIHF will not permit him to play in Europe as long as he is suspended.

who cares, bertuzzi is a better player than moore

What an asinine attempt at justification.

everything happens for a reason besides i like bertuzzi better than moore

Even better

why do you care so much?

Truely moronic points of view bother me. I can understand points of view that differ from mine and I can respect them if they are the product of thought and reason.

ya, i guess all i am saying is it doesnt really bother me what happened. and like i said, none of us were there, on the ice, knew all the details, couldve done anything to prevent, or do anything now, thats all

It can't be prevented, but it can be punished. I'm a huge Bert fan, but there is absolutely no way that anybody can justify his actions, or the possibility of him not receiving consequences for them.