Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Shock Doctor vs. Superfeet Grey

I have flat, wide feet with very little arch. Anybody have any good recommendations for an insole?

I have very flat and thick wide feet, little arch...if you pronate even the littlest bit I would say if you have health insurance - get custom orthotics.

Shock Doctor insoles did nothing for me.

Superfeet helped, but didn't keep my feet fully neutral.

Custom orthotics for your skates will be the best investment you make, judging from your explanation of your foot type. Do you get any arch/heel pain?

Does anyone have information regarding Superfeet Custom Grey insoles? I've heard of custom blacks from similar threads and superfeet.com even mentioned the custom grey but they don't have any information up.

Does anyone have information regarding Superfeet Custom Grey insoles? I've heard of custom blacks from similar threads and superfeet.com even mentioned the custom grey but they don't have any information up.

Just ordered a pair from here...

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=SFSF

Yeah those are the regular superfeet greys...the custom greys that i am talking about are like the custom blacks that require that fitting station.

tongiht i got a pair of shock doctors, as my lhs doesnt have superfeet. i was on the ice for less than 5 min. before i had to go take them out. my feet were killing me.

there's usually an adjustment period where it can feel uncomfortable. having shockdoctors there still beats skating with stock insoles that provide no support. it's just your feet realigning itself with the rest of your body. the pain should go away.

Just wanted to add to this....I read the thread and a few others and was convinced to get some new footbeds. Wound up with the Shock Docs and used them for the first time tonight...and yes, it made a whole lot of difference. It really does beat skating in stock insoles, defintely helped in edge control as the skates felt better on my feet. Only had two problems, one was fitting them into my Vapor 10s. Had to really shove them in and trim them down. And the other was my fault for not going out there and skating in them beforehand, wound up with a breakaway on my first shift two minutes in and my freaking left foot wasn't responding correctly, it felt I lost an edge and was stuck in a rut. I was cause I tied it the way I did before and the skate was too loose as I used to keep it a little looser to help not kill my feet. But def two thumbs up on this....and can't imagine what it'd be like if SUperfeet is better than these.

With the sizes they have listed at the bottom, is that skate or shoe size?

Shoe size it seems.

I got mine in the mail yesterday and have yet to hit the ice, I did try them on and sit on the couch wearing them. Seems they may be cause for some discomfort at first as they greatly raise my arch.

when you talk about superfeet, do you meen those grey, paper thin crappy foam insoles that came in Bauer Supreme's in the late 90's???

Ok... The thin ones that came on bauers were horrible..

i think i give the superfeet's a try. iv'e had some pain in the outside of my feet, above the ankle. It doesn't hurt when walking or running, only when skating.. I Hope the superfeets will help.

As I mentioned I sat around in my skates with them in. Just looking down at my feet I can see that the blade is now centered and is not if I put the stock footbeds back in. Neat. Now to get some ice time, damn one rink around here.

As has been stated earlier, but is probably worth repeating... expect an adjustment period of at least a few skates. Now that your arches are supported it is going to feel like someone slipped golf balls into your skates when you weren't looking. Give it some time for your feet and body to adjust.

Will the superfeet soles help anyone?? Are they for individuals with foot pain/problems only. After reading all the threads, I'm still not sure what the advantage is?? Thanks.

As has been stated earlier, but is probably worth repeating... expect an adjustment period of at least a few skates. Now that your arches are supported it is going to feel like someone slipped golf balls into your skates when you weren't looking. Give it some time for your feet and body to adjust.

Golf balls in my skates? Ouch. Gonna have to keep a closer eye on them, don't need people slipping things in there to mess me up, I skate bad enough. :D

i have called a few places regarding superfeet and have been told different things as to what will fit my skate. i have an 8w graf and 1 place said to use the black superfeet and 1 said grey. anyone have a difinitive answer?

I got me grey ones for my EE-width 8090, one of the widest retail skates, and they fit like a glove in there. so in my view you should be fine with grey ones.

Will the superfeet soles help anyone?? Are they for individuals with foot pain/problems only. After reading all the threads, I'm still not sure what the advantage is?? Thanks.

yes they'll benefit everyone whether you're suffering foot pain or whatnot. you might not feel it now 20-30 years down the road you'll thank yourself for getting these insoles!

the superfeet insoles are the best thing you could get. bauer used to use them in there older skates but they became too costly...

I have a pair of those in a pair of old Bauers I wear for pond hockey - are they the same thing as the company is selling now (i.e. they haven't changed their product in the 10+ years since these skates were made)? Or would it not be the same thing if I just took those out and put them in my current skates?

... I read what Swede said about 'the thin grey ones that came in Bauers in the late 90's,' but I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Mine are the blue Superfeet III's that I believe to be from the mid-90's, and look very similar to the ones on their website other than being blue.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of these since I keep hearing how great they are, though I do feel a little silly spending the money to buy them since I'm not even playing hockey yet (still in the "learning to skate" stage). The only problem is I'm not sure exactly what size I should get - a C or a D. I have Mission skates, size 7 EE, which seems to be about the upper size limit of the C. But it says size C is for women's shoe sizes 6.5-8 (I'm a female) and my feet are much bigger than that - a 9.5 to 10 depending on the shoe. Any recommendations?

I am looking for new footbeds for my new graf 703's (sz. 7W) but also not sure what to get. I have a relatively flat foot and switching from vapors to grafs felt comfortable sitting around, but on the ice my arches hurt so much from the pressure that i had to sideline myself after 5-10 minutes to loosen my laces. Anyone know if it has to do with that forward pitch from the cobra holders as well? I had foot pains at my arch for the rest of the night even after loosening them to a more comfortable/less supportive level.

I am tempted to get the superfeet but if it feels like golf balls under my arches, I don't know if i can bare them for that adjustment period. Are these the only available footbeds for skates?

I am looking for new footbeds for my new graf 703's (sz. 7W) but also not sure what to get. I have a relatively flat foot and switching from vapors to grafs felt comfortable sitting around, but on the ice my arches hurt so much from the pressure that i had to sideline myself after 5-10 minutes to loosen my laces. Anyone know if it has to do with that forward pitch from the cobra holders as well? I had foot pains at my arch for the rest of the night even after loosening them to a more comfortable/less supportive level.

I am tempted to get the superfeet but if it feels like golf balls under my arches, I don't know if i can bare them for that adjustment period. Are these the only available footbeds for skates?

Eh... The golf ball feeling only lasts until you adjust to them... maybe one or a few skates. suck it up... they are amazing; well worth it.

As for the Grafs, I have yet to find a model that will work with flat arches. Need to stand in them in the store for at least 30-45 minutes to feel pains. BUT, you can have the footbed shaved a bit to lower the arch area. Then put in the superfeet and you should be good to go. Go talk with the best/most experienced fitter at your LHS and tell them what you've experienced and where the pain is.