Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

Not Again...

Link

Kid in Minnesota went on a shooting spree and killed 10 in his high school. I just can't fathom what motives would bring someone to do that.

Bring on the call for increased school security and more parental involvement. I wonder what new policies will be instituted after this. Last time we got 0 tolerance. What will parents blame this time?

I think the problem is the media and such spend too much time on inner cities and the like. Yet, all these massive problems tend to happen in suburbia.

I think the problem is kids at school who don't do shit like stick up for kids like that when they're getting bugged. It's high school, like it isn't hard enough on most people without being afraid of kids harassing you.

the parents need to blame the parents this time. just because kids are at school for 8 hrs a day, doesnt mean the school is supost to raise the kids, the major reason kids do these things and do other stupid things is because the parents lack any sort of parenting skills. case in point, a friend of mine is an 8th grade teacher and she had a very very bad kid in her class and during a parent/teacher conference she was telling the parents of this kid the problem and the parent kept giving excuse after excuse till finally the parent said "what should i do then, how can i raise my kid"

The kid shot the security guard before going through the metal detectors. He was also home-schooled.

Let's not blame the school security or the parents/schoolmates so quickly.

He was being raised by his grandparents...his father commited suicide a few years ago and his mother is in a nursing home due to injuries received during a car accident. If I remeber the article I read, she has permanent brain damage.

When are kids old enough to take responsibility for their own actions? We need to quit blaming parents for decisions kids make. I could blame my parents till they die, but I'm the one making the choices and decisions - I should know better or face the consequences. Teens want to be able to make decisions for themselves, have less parental involvement as they mature and develop, yet don't want to take responsibility when things in life go a little sideways.

Learn to live and function inside the parameters society has set up. You can get help, be protected and live quite nicely in this life.