Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Half Visor Fogging

Does your Visor Fog when you play?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This'll be my first summer wearing a Half Visor and I've tried it a few times coaching, but it seems to fog up really bad. I've only been able to test it on the Ice, so I'm hoping the warmer atmosphere helps out a bit. It I still have problems I will invest in a new one (don't need suggestions), just curious if this is common. I'd like a bit of a shorter visor as this comes down a little below my noser.

EDIT: Ice only, and Only Ice are the same thing, please pick the top choice.

Yeah it fogs sometimes.. Im using a anti-fogging spray for the visors of bikinghelmets!

Now i just to reapply it in the break between the 2nd and 3rd period

Another solution is to apply a thin layer of shampoo on the thing.. (soap only, no water) a bunch of the guys on my team do this and they have no complaints of fogging

I never had any issues with visors fogging while playing inline indoors. One warning, if you are playing outdoors then don't wear an Itech wave visor, the sun will destroy it.

if you get a good visor itll never fog no matter what...

so either get a new mask or switch to cage if yours fogs... cages dont really impair your vision that much

i had a ccm helmet with a visor a fw years ago. it never fogged on inline, but in ice they fog up a lot. i moved to a cage. i think cages provide a better view and are lighter.

I always used Johnson's baby shampoo to clean mine. There aren't any harsh chemicals in it. I never had a problem with fogging when I used mine for roller. I never put any spray on it either. Also, never used it on the ice.

I had a half shield and the rest was a cage it was an Itech. It fogged up sometimes I found the biggest problem was the scratches on it. A few weeks ago I got a cage since I am now playing on an out door rink and it is not that hard to see out of a cage.

Hi folks. Bringing up kind of an old post here, but I wanted to share my experience with the Fogg Zero product. Unfortunatley, it stinks.

I even phoned the place and spoke to a person to ensure I was applying it correctly and it's totally not working for me at all, so I've gone back to sprays.

I'm bummed because I paid $15 bucks (Cdn) for Fogg Zero and now I feel suckered thinking it must be good because it cost 3 time more than my good old Challenger Anti-Fog spray.

I'm curious to try this shampoo technique. Will do for my Thursday morning shinny.

Cheers,

JJ

P.S. Visor is an Itech HX50.

It's been working great on my Visor all season. Haven't had fog issues. It's a pretty crappy visor i have, so I'd think it'd fog up quickly with anything that didn't work.