Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladystorm3

what floor is better?

what floor is better  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it possible to put Spider court over ice? Apperantly this is what my rink will be doing.

To add to the discussion, my prefrence is Spider court, but I don't have much experience on non- painted concrete flooring.

The ad for "ice court/exxcess" is actually kind of funny. They use a referral from CJ Yoder when talking about "Doc's"...a rink owned by CJ's father...in fact his rink does not use "exxcess", but a similar product called "Skate Court"(from the same company) which is designed to be a replacement surface for wooden rinks, and for rinks where there are still a few "quad" skaters...

The characteristics of this floor, are that is grips very well, and is pretty quiet.

What is interesting, is that once every couple of months, a bunch of elite players hold an iron man at this rink (invitation only), and the rink is set up for "Speed Hockey".....The comments from everyone I have spoken with is that it's "the best floor ever".....for wheel grip, and puck movement..great puck speed, very little puck bounce..... and it's actually not the same floor as the "exxcess" product.

Basically the only difference between "Exxcess" and "Skate court" is that the "Skate Court" does not have the "nodules"...maybe Ice Court needs to rethink?

Is it possible to put Spider court over ice? Apperantly this is what my rink will be doing.

To add to the discussion, my prefrence is Spider court, but I don't have much experience on non- painted concrete flooring.

There is actually a system where a thermal blanket is used between the roller curface and the existing ice surface..keeping the ice cold, and preventing the cold from the ice from creating condensation on the inline surface.....maybe this is what they are trying....Usually it is used for short term conversions..like tournaments etc.

one of the rinks at last year at 2hot4ice had the ice court, i think it was called exess

are you talking about the national at the Carolina Sportsplex?

yeah, were you there?

ok i,ve played on mostly all of the floors except for spider court. cement, wood, sport court, and ice court. they all have their bad things and good things. cement really wears down equipment. it is really fast and is sort of hard to get used to after skating on other rinks such as sport court. Now for wood rinks. they are slower and harder for puck movement but i like them because of the feel on my joints, it sort of absorbs the shock almost. ice court is a really great rink great grip although it doesnt feel like it does, once you get used to it you can tell its fast and great puck movement. Now for sport court, i think this would have to be my favorite of them all because of the overall feel. really smooth to skate on not too fast and not too slow, some older sport court rinks can be very slow but besides that they i thinks are the best overall. all these rinks will get dirty after a while and may even decrease the quality of the surface but once they are clean and all i think all of them can have there good and bads.

The ice court is called Excess....

My personal favotiye is ice court (not the new excess, but I like that stuff too)..Its great grip and is very quiet, but I hate that it tears up your wheels like no other

the "ice court" is actually called synthetic ice, i like sport court the best though

For synthetic ice, you use your ice hockey skates. For Ice court, its like a sport court flooring that goes over the ice.

You are absolutely right..."synthetic ice" is actually a form of polyurethane called UHMW..which stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight, and is usually used with a silicone liquid sprayed onto the surface prior to skating in order to get the closest feel, and best glide..with ice skates.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y.

i think i may be one of the only people here that likes the painted cement. i play on that now, but like everyone said, your wheels go to hell...i like the glide you can get on it, and if you get a good rink, stickhandling is pretty good too

ice court, but at the arena i play at its not put together well by that I mean there are gaps between the boards and the ice court suface.

I usually play on cement. Sometimes it is too slippery and sometimes it is too rough. I really like Sport Court though, except when you saucer pass and the puck bounces when it hits the floor.

The New Ice Court, Exxess, is hands down the best floor, especially for puck movement. The Old ice court was brutal on all your equipment and not much different than skating on concrete, as far as wear and tear goes.

But if you get to use the new stuff, it really sets a different standard. Got to get used to it as puck is gliding with you at a quicker clip than on Sport Court. But adjustment is kind of quick and well worth it.

yea..it really does. The ice court at the new rink in columbia is nice but as you say it makes a lot of noise and i think its feels almost like cement how hard it is there. i guess they just didnt put anything under it besides cement.

Wish I had the oppertunity to test them all. I've only played cement and nothing wrong with that. What are the price quotes of a sport court (40mx20m)? Germany and England got sport court floors, but here in Holland there are none.