Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

spray painting sticks black

So if i sand it and spray mulitple coats and put a clear coat on how long on average will it last?

Depends on how aggressive you are or the other team is. Maybe as little as a couple shifts.

For my RBK I sanded down to the composite on the shaft and I sanded the clearcoat of the blade, I sprayed 2 coats then clearcoated that and the blade and it looks like factory paint job.

Well,im in the middle of sanding it down again becuase ive decided to paint it white to match the stick,I didnt really like the black and maybe the white will blend in with the ice.I would be done by now but yesterday I was angry and stupid and I puched a wall and broke my pinky knuckle,so im in a dam cast for 2 weeks. But the black never chipped on me becuase if you use flat black it doesnt chip at all.

Painted Stealth and Synergy

Isnt "flat" black just a type of black color? Will it matter if i use any type of paint or will the one i posted above be ok? If it does matter could you tell me the type your useing whbd? Also that sucks about the knuckles and btw those painted sticks look bomb.

just any old flat paint would work, its not as thick as gloss paint, it bonds to the stick alot better,also it doesnt drip at all. The paint you bought is for plastic so maybe it doesnt stick good to the factory paint.Your best bet is to pick up generic flat black paint and then put on a coat of clearcoat if you want it glossy,if not leave it flat like Dany Heatly does.

not always,it really depends on what type of paint you use, with flat based paint its not neccessary

anybody have any pics of their sticks spraypainted?

I will take one of my RBK, I'll post it in a few minutes.

Spraypainted

I realize, it, it's a gongshow because I only coated it once and then never got back to redoing it.

when you paint your stick black,

why do you tape them white?

you paint your stick black to hide the puck better

but you tape it white so its just like before O.o :blink:

I'm going to guess he paints it black so he doesn't have to see the annoying colours of the top of the shaft when he looks down. That or he just likes it that way.

anybody have any pics of their sticks spraypainted?

I will take one of my RBK, I'll post it in a few minutes.

Spraypainted

I realize, it, it's a gongshow because I only coated it once and then never got back to redoing it.

Lmao....paint my stick black and then put white tape on it. Priceless....

yeah, im old school, but since when did hockey sticks come with a warranty?

the wood or composite blade cant be warrantied?

I had a guy complain that the wood stick I sold him broke and he wanted a warranty replacement. It was an old pro stock woodie that we sold for something like $10.