Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cardinalhcky26

Nice hit

Someone tell me, do you ever swing without having a grip on someones jersey??? Good god that has always been a given to me to insure a stable balance and recovery base when throwing. If you can find the video of him afterwards when trying to get up, homeboy looks like he has madcow disease...no legs at all.

Quick story behind that fight.

When I was in Norfolk, Jimmy Vandermeer was showing me some clips of random stuff on his laptop one day.

He showed me that fight and said that Boulerice had a buddy (can't remember for the life of me who it was) that fought the night before and ko'd someone. So Boulerice went out that night trying to one-up their friend, and that is why he went for the haymaker right away. Otherwise it wouldn't have gone that way.

Always cool to get the behind the scenes info.

Was it 91 or 92 when Mario made a show of fighting a guy and got dropped with one punch?

Yeah, that was a great left. I remember watching that game..

Downey went in hard on the forecheck and made a heavy, heavy hit on one of the 'Canes D men. Boulerice took exception and there it went.

The best part to me was that Downey just skated off to the box. No grandstanding, no celebration. Do your job, go to the box.

He was all over the news in Dallas that week, but was still very humble. If I remember correctly, Boulerice went to the hospital with a concussion after the game and Downey was there the next day to wish him well. They were friends before the fight, and still are...

Downey is amazing. This training was on TSN and he basically trains to fight.

Exactly the kind of guy that you shouldn't need in the NHL.