Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djinferno

Mexican serving tacos all over the ice

Yeah but isn't Gomez from Alaska?

Anyhow, yeah guy acted like a douche and what not, but we should be happy they're even playing hockey in Mexico!!!

C'mon guys. With hockey being in the state it is now, I figure the more people we get playing whether it be a newbie at drop in or developing hockey in non hockey places, the more people we have the better.

We don't want to be the new lacrosse. Nothing more than a niche sport. Sorry lacrosse fans, no offense.

But yes. Too much celebrating = low class IMO

wow, allot of hatez on this board, i'd love to see you guys skate...

Jeeze, this guy your boyfriend or what? No need to get offended that much. Honestly, that looks like maybe a bantam game skill wise, sure the guy can do the michigan/crosby. But who cant? :ph34r:

Yeah everybody can do that in game situations, thats why the video is all over the web, it's a simple goal right... comon guy, you hating... The guy is simply better then his competition in is age group....

"sure the guy can do the michigan/crosby. But who cant?"

F**k out of here, I would love to see you do it in a game situation :ph34r:

So when Crosby does it hes a hero, this guy does and sure thats a easy goal... double standard homey!

When Crosby playz against guys his age, they look dum too... maybe Crosby is your boyfriend? :lol:

But yes.  Too much celebrating =  low class IMO

From what I remember, Crosby and that Other guy Celabrated very hard too...

I'll say like Cherry, the fact that Crosby even did that with the score the way it was was low class....

Now that Michigan guy and the amplitude of the goal, I would of left the building to celabrate... :D

and no I don't know the guy, I just found this browsing the web, I thought I'd share, I guess next time I won't bother, I'll just remember the name and If one day hes in the NHL, I will be able to say I knew about the guy...

Crosby isn't good because he did the Michigan move, actually most people look at that as a "low-light" in his career, especially the celebration, he's good because of his overall play and ice vision.

I think this Mexican kid got unfairly jumped on, but its because of the "Dangles" quote. If you said something along the lines of productive performance, it would've been recieved differently. I am working on the Michigan move, but I can't master it. Hey think I suck if you want, but its just something I have trouble with, so that impresses me. Doesn't mean he's a good player, just he's mastered a move.

I love the fact this kid is a good player in his league, and don't think its fair for some of the members to jump all over him because his competition is poor. Just realize the league isn't terrific and the competition wasn't too good either. Its still an accomplishment in my books, but he's a great player at a low level. Nothing more nothing less...from what he know at least.

Well ive watched crosby play, and when I watch the other players, It sure doesnt look like there standing around. Most of those guys look like they've been playing the game for a year in that video. And for your infromation, Ive seen the Michigan/crosby moved pulled twice in bantam games, but yeah, its a hard move to do :ph34r:. And by the way, before you say I cant do a move like that, you should learn a little bit about my history. Cuse' im sure you use to play Midget AAA to and have got letters from 2 Jr. A clubs like myself. Right? :D

Im not trying to brag, just pointing out the facts.

Crosby isn't good because he did the Michigan move, actually most people look at that as a "low-light" in his career, especially the celebration, he's good because of his overall play and ice vision.

I think this Mexican kid got unfairly jumped on, but its because of the "Dangles" quote. If you said something along the lines of productive performance, it would've been recieved differently. I am working on the Michigan move, but I can't master it. Hey think I suck if you want, but its just something I have trouble with, so that impresses me. Doesn't mean he's a good player, just he's mastered a move.

I love the fact this kid is a good player in his league, and don't think its fair for some of the members to jump all over him because his competition is poor. Just realize the league isn't terrific and the competition wasn't too good either. Its still an accomplishment in my books, but he's a great player at a low level. Nothing more nothing less...from what he know at least.

don't sweat it, I also can't do that move and quite frankly i never tried, I can get the puck on my stick but its only to give it to a ref...

and thats exactly what the post says, hes serving these guys hot tacos all over the ice, what I was really impressed with is how he anticipated where the goalie was sending it then he pulled the puck towards him then kicked it back to his stick and undressed the other guy by flipping the pick over his stick then he actualy finished... I think that was a nice goal at any level.. IMO

Did a little research on this Christofer Kelo guy, well he's an 87, plays for the mexico U-20 team And in 2 of the tournaments I saw he wasnt in the top ten in scoring for either of them. And that was playing againts team China, Australia, New Zealand and other countries where hockey is far from the main focus.

oh please that guys got nothing, most of the guys in my league could pull off the Michigan move during practice. sure it's not during "game time" but heck i wouldn't call what they were playing "game time". if he tried half the stuff he was doing up here in a high tier canadian beer league he would be flat on his ass AND that is if he'd ever get to touch the puck with those skating skills.

. And for your infromation, Ive seen the Michigan/crosby moved pulled twice in bantam games, but yeah, its a hard move to do :unsure:.

So, you back up your point with the fact that he has never seen you play. But obviously you are a scout and have seen every bantam hockey player play, since they haven't quite graduated to high school hockey they don't deserve high enough praise just quite yet.. I mean, almost every bantam player is junk, right?

:rolleyes:

Im saying, that its really not that hard of a move to do. I know people in bantam who can do it no problem. And by now after seeing so many people do it, its really not that impresive anymore. specially after seeing my friends kid brother do it in a game.

. And for your infromation, Ive seen the Michigan/crosby moved pulled twice in bantam games, but yeah, its a hard move to do :unsure:.

So, you back up your point with the fact that he has never seen you play. But obviously you are a scout and have seen every bantam hockey player play, since they haven't quite graduated to high school hockey they don't deserve high enough praise just quite yet.. I mean, almost every bantam player is junk, right?

:rolleyes:

Yes of course, I said every player in bantam is junk :unsure: . All I said was people in bantam can do it, so its really not that impressive if a guy playing for an u-20 national team can do it. I have nothing against bantam players, as I know some very skilled ones and have heard of some also(Jonathan Taveras..sp*). But really, If a 14,15 year old can do it, should you really be that impressed if somone who is playing u-20 can specially after the move has been done so many times

And last time i checked, Bantam teir 2(the games I seen the move done in) isnt exactly top notch hockey specially compared to an u-20 team. No offence to bantam players, but its true.

everybody jumps on thsi guy for his bad skating, but theres not one part in that entire video where you could get a good idea of how well he actually skates, everybodys got a different skating style, just because he might look a little sloppier doesnt make him worse,

I thought it was clearly demonstrated when he was skating, he looks like he's running. While I'm sure he is a dominant player due to his skating, it would not pass for a Jr. B player in NA.

Bure also ran while he skated. I haven't even watched this the whole way through because tis so choppy, but I think were all being a little naive thinking he is either amazing or terrible by the few clips we've seen against poor competition.

- If Mario Lemieux is out there, the competition is still just as terrible and he still dominates

- If its some bum out there dominating even bigger bums, he is still dominating

- from the clips we cannot really asses how talented he truly is.

Or maybe my comp is just terrible and I am being naive by not jumping ship.

Wow, that video was something out of Bizarro world. Mexican hockey? Best player wobbling around on t-blades?

But, as mentioned, good to see Mexican's enjoying the game. But a little too much celebration on the goals from that kid though. In Canada we'd know what to do to settle that down right away.