Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djinferno

Mexican serving tacos all over the ice

It's this kind of players that get me mad.

It reminds me of this situation where there's this kid coming in from public school that's some kind of big fuss. In division 2 he apparently had a lot of goals for my town's public school, where I would be playing starting center over him. The fact is that this kid doesn't play defence, and can skate around one defenceman and a goalie doesn't impress me. Apparently it was enough to get him a story in the sports section of the major connecticut newspaper "The Hartford Courant." At my local prep school (Avon Old Farms), he plans on repeating his junior year here. This kid may not even play for our varsity team, yet the newspaper thinks he some kind of prodigy. It boggles me why these newspapers don't cover prep sports in connecticut, which own public school in everything (not to be rude, because our public schools around here are good, it's just that our teams in EVERY sport are better).

Oh well, little story, makes me feel the same way about this kid, if I was skating agaist them I'd have six goals too...

the kid wasn't bad although it can't be that hard playing against countries that most people don't even no exist. About Vick hes accused of giving a little more then food poisoning ...hint-(std)

Crosby isn't good because he did the Michigan move, actually most people look at that as a "low-light" in his career.

I think it is completely unfair to say 'most people'......I don't want to be a prick but I have been thinking about this for a long time and i have to say it......All the "older " people look at these moves players do as disrespectful, "who cares" goals and,it sounds like, you think they are and because you know the game so well it must be right. Well you can go to any rink and i guarrantee you any player under the age of 18,any level from house to AAA, will tell you these moves are amazing and not showboating at all. Hockey is all about fun my friend, this includes doing stuff like this....as much as that sounds stupid....put yourself back as a 15 year old...if someone did this in a game,even if it had already been done, you would be amazed and going nuts. I just don't understand why everyone gets on these guys back, if they want to do nice moves, it doesn't matter when in the game or what the score is, they should do them. To me it sounds as if a lot of people are just jumping on the bandwagon and hating on crosby, when the fact of the matter is if you did that in an OHL game, you would be extatic.

More on topic, i think you saying "most people look at that as a "low-light" in his career." is completely out of line and you should talk to a more widened age range before you start saying this. Because other than people on this board,which is no disrespect to the board, I have heard nothing but great reactions to this goal.

As for the "showboating", Mr. Crosby is a,from what I can see, a good kid and I personally think that he was so in amazement of what he had just done he didn't know what to do. He doesn't seem like the Kind of kid to push he teamates away so he can get all the spotlight. IMO

Sorry I had to go on like this, but this kind of stuff really bugs me.

Sweetblazer - I am 20, at my age we'll say it splits. People start playing and watching hockey at 5. So that’s 15 years of "Adoring" this move. We'll say everyone over this age dislikes it... the "traditionalists" if you will. Obviously people will watch hockey past 35, and obviously not everyone over or under these ages will agree. I'll say it’s his most controversial move, maybe "most people" should be "many people", but I think you are completely out of line to question my circles. I am on this board, which is international. I coach, I've reffed, I've played everything from house league to AAA in the minor hockey circles, I played High school hockey for 5 years and I was a local power skating instructor... I've played up to junior B hockey; I have friends in the OHL and friends who are drafted to the NHL. My family is involved with the AHL team regionally, or at least was for a certain time. They were the power skating instructors here, and they did a little stints with the Canes. I've played house league, rep and been asked to play junior inline hockey. My family has played pro inline hockey as well. I may have been out of line, or misinterpreted with my message, but for you to question my hockey circles without any previous knowledge is asinine. How wide of an age do you want me to question? I coach 15 year olds, I am 20, and I played with kids on the High school team in between then. I instructed with varying levels from kids aged 5-12. I have friends who pulled this off in games. One in double OT in a semi final HS game, I know of others who tried it in a 7-0 game as well. Much different scenarios. I have seen it done many more times, but the point is there are times and places for it.

Now which age groups did you want me to survey? Apparently I missed the 13 and 14 year olds... but wait my coaching tenure has covered that area. Being a 20 year old coach I interact with a lot of adults, who like all other age groups, will have varying opinions.

I am working on the Michigan move, but I can't master it. Hey think I suck if you want, but its just something I have trouble with, so that impresses me. Doesn't mean he's a good player, just he's mastered a move.

Maybe you should read my post and try and interpret what I've said before you make assumptions on my thoughts. I am actually a huge Crosby fan, but I would agree its a lowlight if for nothing else than him pushing the teammates out of the way. You may disagree which is fine. I may have misworded my comment, but you tell me a more controversial moment in his young career.

Eazy I never questioned your hockey knowledge..and if it seems that was, it was not my intention...after reading my post I realize I was a little "wound up" and it sounds like i'm targeting you directly as a person. Although I still don't agree with your stance on Crosby, you are intitled to think what you will. I personnally just was upset with the people who critizize the players who do this move, saying there hot dogs and that the move isn't that great when most of those people themselves can't do it. I was aware of some of your hockey ties and like I said was not targeting you personnally. I have just gathered from my team and the rest of the guys my age that they really have no problem with the move etc.

Once again I appologize if you took offense to my post, as I did not mean to question your credibility, it was a "i'm pissed of at this" spurr of the moment thing.

I really dont think the crosby/michigan is that impressive of a move anymore. Ahwile ago it was but its lost its shine now I think. IMO

I really dont think the crosby/michigan is that impressive of a move anymore. Ahwile ago it was but its lost its shine now I think. IMO

Its lost its shine now that just about everyone can do it. I was a drop in a few days ago, and saw a kid not older then seven, who probbly hasn't been playing very long (guessing that because he could hardly skate) and he was practicing the michigan like crazy, he could do it too. It appears even the younger ones are doing this move now.

IMO i think that that move is stupid. That's not real hockey at all. Sure, it's a difficult move but i dont think that it is necesary.

Now we picked the players apart, I know we don't have a lot of goalies here, but that backstopper doesn't appear to have much skill either.

Again, not to kick Mexican hockey as it's great if they're getting into the game -- we just need some perspective for this "hot shot" scorer.

JJ

Now we picked the players apart, I know we don't have a lot of goalies here, but that backstopper doesn't appear to have much skill either.

Again, not to kick Mexican hockey as it's great if they're getting into the game -- we just need some perspective for this "hot shot" scorer.

JJ

he wasn't even shooting it hard... he is no better than the average player in prep-school (and I mean not just varsity, the average player on every prep team at all levels). Those goalies are total sieves though, let in some AWFUL goals, like the one he fell down during, that's not amazing, that's just an awful goalie.

Congratulations to the kid in the video for being a horrendous player. I'm proud of him because he does not posses the ability to skate, but he can do the michigan. Thats all you need in hockey anyways, who needs to know how to skate, or do anything else hockey related for that matter? All you need is the Michigan.

id like to sign up for that tourney

Watch out, I heard the mediocrity is contagious.

Wow I can't believe half of the remarks here. I think playing in the U20 World Championships whether it's Division III or I is pretty impressive. I can guarantee that probably no one on here will ever play on a national team for hockey in the U20 tournament let alone Div III. And for the yeah it's Mexico comments, give me a break in relation to hockey level and players, if you grew up in Mexico I'm sure you'd be as good as he is. :rolleyes:

i bet i could play in the D-III under twenty division

maybe i'll take james taylor's advice and head down there, then i could get dual citizenship, and lace em up with juan pablo there and teach him how to skate

id like to sign up for that tourney

Watch out, I heard the mediocrity is contagious.

Wow I can't believe half of the remarks here. I think playing in the U20 World Championships whether it's Division III or I is pretty impressive. I can guarantee that probably no one on here will ever play on a national team for hockey in the U20 tournament let alone Div III. And for the yeah it's Mexico comments, give me a break in relation to hockey level and players, if you grew up in Mexico I'm sure you'd be as good as he is. :ph34r:

I know a guy who plays/played for Serbia in the WJC like DII or whatever the lower class is, and when you watch those teams play you think, "wow do they suck," but he is the biggest snipe ever. Video can't really justify how good someone is. I'm not really going to comment on this guy, good for him he's having a good time.

OK, the arrogance here is getting out of hand. I realize that all of our members are going to break Gretz's records when they hit the NHL, but there's no need to bash another player who happens to be one of the best in his country. Whatever country that is.

i think he isnt a bad player but i dont think he is the greatest skater but i think he celebrated way to much after those goals

so what maybe it's a mexican thing...

I remember way back when Mike Ribiero was playing Migdet AAA his team would celabrate goals by jumping around to the House Of Pain song, I tought it was weird but who cares, guys in soccer take off there jerseys and dance in the corner, I dont see no one complaining about that...

The guy can play, Hes better then his competition witch means he has a talent, I'm sure if he developped here, he might be better at skating but thats only because hed have better coaches, I really beleive hes doing well for him self...

You guys are haters, that shit runs in your blood like that aids do...