Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prokennex

Visor Help

Searched some previous threads, but didn't find what I was looking for. I currently have a HedjukSport visor, and while the optics and protection are great, I am finding that it fogs up even after it has been sprayed with anti-fog liquid.

I have used Bauer/ itech and Oakley in the past, but in looking at possibly getting a new one, I came across Boulder Hockey Company, which I have never heard of. They are a little cheaper than the Oakley or Bauer option, so I was wondering two things:

1. Anyone have similar issues with Hedjuk visors and if so, what has worked.

2. Anyone used the half visor that Boulder makes and what are your impressions of it?

If it helps, I have a CCM Vector Pro helmet.

I have a Hejduk Sport visor. Make sure there is a decent gap between the visor and helmet, this will give you better airflow and help with fogging.

The Bauer wipes seem to work pretty well, but not nearly as good as the spray that came with the visor.

I have an avision ahead mask (not shield) but it doesn't fog up at all, and I don't ever use anti-fog stuff on it. Just plain water. I imagine the shield would be about the same as far as fogging goes.

Every visor will eventually fog up no matter what. Proper air ventilation will help. I have also found the Oakley Visor spray to he greatly. I have also used the Bauer wipes and they work but not just as well as the spray.

While I was happy with the anti-fogging properties of the Avision half shield I found that it scratched up quicker than any Oakley or Bauer shield I have used.

I have the Oakley VR900 Aviator Cut.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/oakley-hockey-face-shield-vr900.html

The funny thing about Oakley visors i've encountered is you really dont have to do much to them. The formula i've found that works well is i keep it in one of those felt helmet bags to avoid damage. And before i play i have a small terry cloth towel that i just spit into a little and then clean the inside and out before each game. The thing really never fogs up and so far it's pretty much still brand new aside from a small scratch or 2 from playing.

I used to spray defog into them every game but honestly i think it's bad for them as i started to get some weird swirling of the coating they put on it.

Hope this helps.

I had the Hejduk 200 for a short time until it cracked where it attaches to the helmet. Got an accidental stick up high. It fogged up like any other visor. They all do. Sprays help. I currently have a Hockey Tron visor. I use Bauer anti fog spray and it works fine. I have used expensive Oakley and Bauer visors.... They all fog. They scratch. The better visors may be slightly clearer or offer less fogging initially but I will stick with the $20-$40 visor and have no problem changing out every year,

Different things work for different people. Some people put off a lot of heat, some don't. Some people play in humid rinks. Some people wear their visor lower which traps more heat. This is why you see all of the discrepancies in people's reviews of visors and the like. OptimusReim doesn't fog up a full shield; I put off enough heat to fog up a cage! You have to find what works for you.

Make sure that you have a gap between visor and helmet. And I use a thin layer of liquid dishwashingsoap on my bauer visor and it works nice.

Just spread a thin coat on the inner side of the shield and wipe off with a soft cloth. It has worked well in the past for me and others.

I clean my visor before each game with windex and nose tissue inside and out and it never fogged up on me. I have the Avision Ahead half shield.

I have the Oakley VR900 Aviator Cut.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/oakley-hockey-face-shield-vr900.html

The funny thing about Oakley visors i've encountered is you really dont have to do much to them. The formula i've found that works well is i keep it in one of those felt helmet bags to avoid damage. And before i play i have a small terry cloth towel that i just spit into a little and then clean the inside and out before each game. The thing really never fogs up and so far it's pretty much still brand new aside from a small scratch or 2 from playing.

I used to spray defog into them every game but honestly i think it's bad for them as i started to get some weird swirling of the coating they put on it.

Hope this helps.

If you use any defog spray other than the AFR spray then you will ruin an Oakley visor.

How does a guys apply the dishwashing liquid to get the desired effect, which is I assume, anti-fogging?

I just smudge the visor with my finger and soap on both sides, then I just wipe it off with toiletpaper.

Works like a charm.

Yep. I tried it on the inside of the visor yesterday at practice and even at 10 deg f it worked great. The only problem I had at all was sweat drops freezing on contact.