Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robin640

Emergency Stuff To Keep In Your Hockey Bag

.Knife

.Lighter for the ends of laces

. 6 pairs of laces lol 3 waxed 3 unwaxed 1 in a different size in each category.

.Wax

unwaxed laces and wax...in case you run out of waxed laces? *L*

I bring the different kinds just in case a teamates laces are frayed really badly.

I forgot to mention condoms for all those ladies crawling over me after my hatricks.........

Alcohol wipes for cuts.

Thanks for posting that I'm putting that in my bag tonight.

Pttf, that's what hockey tape is for. BTW Renfrew holds better when it's bleeding than Andover, howies soaks through pretty quickly. It's sad that I know that.

Sweet Stick Sharpener

Miracle Stone

Mr Zog's

Black/white jersey (for pickup and so I don't forget the one I need on game night).

knockoff leatherman

icy hot

aspirin

new pair of waxed laces (for me)

a few mismatched laces (for unprepared others)

helmet screws.

used to carry an extra cup too, but figured that if one broke, I'd be done for the night, anyway... also didn't want to loan one out/get it back from the borrower.

extra wheels, pliers, multi tool, allen key, some medical tape (for taping up prone to blister spots)

All in a shoe bag, use it to help carry my waterbottle also, top half of the bottle hanging out. I usually carry that and my stick bag into the bench.

set of 8 matching wheels from my collection :D

set of 8 matching bearings

set of 8 axles

An Allen key

2 pair of spare laces

2 rolls of stick tape

2 rolls of sock tape

Scissors

Some deep heat spray and heat patches

All 3 jerseys, never know which one we'll be wearing

I think that's it...

Just remembered...

A support bandage

A chocolate bar

Alcohol wipes for cuts.

Thanks for posting that I'm putting that in my bag tonight.

Pttf, that's what hockey tape is for. BTW Renfrew holds better when it's bleeding than Andover, howies soaks through pretty quickly. It's sad that I know that.

We have Renfrew as our team-issue stuff, and when you're playing with cages, Renfrew wide makes a perfect coverup for the cut chin.

Pretty much everything that was sed!

-tapes

-screwdriver

-screws and snaps for helmet

-Water bottle

-puck

-cage if I feel the players I'm playing make wearing a visor risky

-white n black jersey

-lock

I need a stone come to think of it!

I used an old shaving kit to keep it separate from the rest of the stuff in my bag, but I keep:

Disinfectant wips and sterile dressing for cuts and a little band aid kit for minor knicks

roll of black tape and roll of white tape

extra laces, new

screw driver tool

several sized screws for helmet

extra defogger if I'm wearing a shield

small towel for wiping skates afterwards

i usually have both jerseys, extra socks a couple, 2 rolls of white and 1 clear tape, laces, gloves. extra cage/visor/ and water. oh and the key to mission skates just incase i want to change my pitch. axe shampoo and bodywash along with a towel and an extra pair of panties =P

5-6 water bottles? That seems excessive.

I wsa thinking about the painkillers, extra gloves and cup being excessive as well...

I keep an extra jock and cup in there. Really helpful if you forget your normal one on they drying rack.

I knew I guy who carried a full extra set of equipment with him, just in case someone else - not him - forgot something. This was a guy who would give you the shirt of his back: he once offered to sit out a game so that someone else could wear his stuff.

This is an interesting concept a guy I know has come up with....since you mentioned a second set of gear.

He runs a Friday morning 7:15 skate. There is a guy who is a pretty good goalie, but prefers to play out...so he has to bring both sets of gear...if a goalie ever fails to show, he plays net...if both goalies are there he plays out.

The guy lets him skate for free...he calls it 'Goalie Insurance'. But, if a goalie doesn't show...and backup goalie isnt' doesn't have his gear...he owes him full pop.

Tape - 1 black, 1 white, 1 clear

Swiss army knife

Motrin

Laces - 1 pair

Blade wax

Extra cup

Dark and light jersey

Shower sandals - in case we go out after the game

extra water bottle

blade chamois

some type of quick meal replacement(EAS, myoplex shakes etc...I find it really helps with my post game muscle fatigue/next day LA build up) for immediately after the game.

extra pair of gloves and skates in case i need them in case something happens to break, or if one of my teammates forgets something..the gloves have come in handy a couple times now lol...other than that, roll of tape, a little shower gel (lol), and extra laces...