Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00t99

ovechkin curve

**PIC**

i dont think you want the pro stock lol.. insane hook

i wouldn't mind giving it a try (lefty though)..

i found a LH clone on ebay but its for a 100 flex SE...wayy too stiff for me..

after a few more OPS's of mine break, i'm thinking of getting a tapered shaft, and a woody sakic blade and opening it more, to get this curve...

Here's the clone (Thomas Kopecky)

KopeckyThomas.jpg

Retail Ovechkin is a Drury, or similar. If you like heel wedges, go for it.

I haven't used a true Drury yet (waiting for a Drury SE in the mail) and I'm really looking forward to try it, though I think the amount of open is going to take a lot of adjusting.

Retail Ovechkin is a Drury, or similar. If you like heel wedges, go for it.

I haven't used a true Drury yet (waiting for a Drury SE in the mail) and I'm really looking forward to try it, though I think the amount of open is going to take a lot of adjusting.

My first ten slappers with the drury went over the glass...from inside the top of the circle. I had to stop using it because I was afraid I was going to hit someone in the face.

I can't imagine what would happen with that OV pro curve.

i have the most trouble catching passes with wedges actually. shooting takes some getting used to but snap and slap shots are sweet if you shoot it off the heel

I'm just trying to decide on a stick, I havent played ice in about 6 years but growing up I played a ton of roller and some ice, I stopped playing leagues when I was like 13 but still played pickup roller a lot and now at 19 i'm just trying to decide on a stick because I'm gonna start playing ice again so i guess any advice on sticks would be great

Well if you haven't played for a while and don't know what kind of curves you like I suggest picking up a cheap shaft and wood blade combo so you can try out different patterns until you find one you like. I highly suggest you stay away from the PS ovechkin for now until you get comfortable with bigger curves.

Yeah a buddy of mine has a rbk shaft for me so im prob just gonna try out a bunch of different blades until i find something i really like, any suggestions on a blade for snap shots as those are my fav/most effective shots

We can't tell you what works for you because only you know that. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you. The only way for you to find out what you like is to try it.

Sorry but there just isn't any shortcuts when trying to find a pattern you like :)

Good luck.

EDIT: I think I said "you" like 50 times there...ouch.

what stick/ pattern are you currently using for inline, and what do you like about it? Is there anything you dislike about it?

If we know this, then we can recommend something to use for ice. You may even just want to use the same stick/pattern for ice.

I like a straighter blade for snap shots, I find it more predictable. And I always want to shoot high, so anything else would probably sail over the glass. Others like a Sakic because it helps get the puck up high quickly. And others like a Drury or Iginla.

I'd probably start out with a Modano/Forsberg type straight blade, and after using that, decide if you want more loft, more curve, etc.

I got a rbk modano blade, with a z-bubble shaft when i play roller but typically the pickup games use a ball and shooting a ball is a joke, but when we do use a puck the modano does seem to work pretty well so i might start off with it, getting used to the wieght of an ice puck again is probably gonna suck tho

Those don't look too far off from a Sakic. I thought Kovy used more of toe curve. Still want a Euro toe style blade.

Those don't look too far off from a Sakic. I thought Kovy used more of toe curve. Still want a Euro toe style blade.

camera looks to be on a bit of an angle, i dont think I could have ever used a sakic if it was like that thing

they had a thread(??) about it once..or it was on TV...

he used a retail Sakic, and over time put more curve on it....