Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beflar

CCM Pro Tacks

Dark if the supreme boot is all that why arent more pros using it?

From Bauers own website it says 50% of NHL wear vapor. Factoring the CCM, Reebok, Easton, Graf, and the few mission wears. That means not so many are wearing the Supreme line. In fact when I think about the number in reebok and easton and add that to the few on each team in Grafs. There cant be that many at all wearing the supremes.

If it was really great and durable why are the pros taking a pass on it?

My other point still stands I cant see a supreme 95 taking the beating my Tack will take.

The EPP padding in the side was also another nice feature added to the last generation tacks line. They made the fit more shallow at the end and that helped kill off sales but the number one thing that killed tacks? Vapors. Everyone wanted to be in Vapors and that made everything that wasn't Bauer a piece of shit in the minds of the kids that mattered. Once they moved to Bauer it was all down hill. The industry is cyclical though and eventually Bauer will be out of favor. It's more about marketing than product now and I don't see that changing.

One quick question, the RBK line is based on the Tacks? Because I say it is, but this other guy that owns a pair of 9k says they're based on Jofa. So which one is it? It can be none, but I think it's more Tacks(or Koho) than Jofa.

The original Vectors were based on the Jofa last.

Rofl about the vapor comment Chadd. The 16 year old kid at the proshop said he only skated in Vapors yesterday when I asked him a question about the pro tacks. He said "I have not skated in Tacks since I was a kid." I so wanted to say YOU STILL ARE A KID!

To me its just a shame. Looks like I will be looking to Grafs in the future. My flat wide tall foot love Tacks. Most Bauers I have tried on hurt like a BITCH. I cant believe peoples feet are that narrow.

OO well atleast these tacks will last me a few years.

I guess its a mystery why these pro tacks have the 263 and the 992 have the 271

I guess its a mystery why these pro tacks have the 263 and the 992 have the 271

CCM does this often.

The Vector Pro skates in size 7D had a 263 holder. The following years Vector 10 skates in 7D had a 271, the U+ in 7d are 271. The vector ZG skates of all years had 263 T blades on the 7 D skates. They seem to really lack consistancy for blade length in size 7, Go figure...

I figure if ccm just made the top of the line Tacks then that would make everyone happy. They shouldn't even bother with the watered down versions etc.

I dont understand why the tacks has to be considered an old style skate. my earliest memories of tacks was that they were the "cool skates" with white thing and the black holders. I actually think the later models looked alot more boring than the models of the mid nineties. I think an all black skate with white ankle lock could still be made to look "cool" and have an impact with the kids.

I dont understand why the tacks has to be considered an old style skate. my earliest memories of tacks was that they were the "cool skates" with white thing and the black holders. I actually think the later models looked alot more boring than the models of the mid nineties. I think an all black skate with white ankle lock could still be made to look "cool" and have an impact with the kids.

Well, considering that they grew up with that look being the old style skate, I doubt it.

Also, it's not just about styling. It's about innovation in the line. Bauer kept adding new technology and materials to the Supreme line. As a result, it's the most advanced skate available. Tacks kept using mostly traditional materials until the very end of the line.

Well, considering that they grew up with that look being the old style skate, I doubt it.

Also, it's not just about styling. It's about innovation in the line. Bauer kept adding new technology and materials to the Supreme line. As a result, it's the most advanced skate available. Tacks kept using mostly traditional materials until the very end of the line.

The X92 series tacks were just as advanced as other skates at the time. The features were just as advanced, if not more so, than in competing skates offered at the same time. They just were not uber-light and had a traditional look that killed them when the market skewed so dramatically.

Exactly, I think the look of the tacks line took a step back in terms of looking cutting edge with the last series that was on the prolites. they looked old where as during the 90's tacks looked fresh (IMO). Remember the ones with the pump on the side just like the 9k's? that along with black holders and white ankle lock was seriously cool. the later ones just looked mundane. I think thats really what killed them. they were boring looking which didnt help the fact they were called "tacks" in a world of vapors and vectors.

How about these bad oscars?

I had a pair of these that I just plain ruined when I was 13 or 14...Never aired them out, went yellow and soft, rivets blew out and so on an so forth!3783su5.jpg

Exactly, I think the look of the tacks line took a step back in terms of looking cutting edge with the last series that was on the prolites. they looked old where as during the 90's tacks looked fresh (IMO). Remember the ones with the pump on the side just like the 9k's? that along with black holders and white ankle lock was seriously cool. the later ones just looked mundane. I think thats really what killed them. they were boring looking which didnt help the fact they were called "tacks" in a world of vapors and vectors.

This was one of my earlier points. We are in the look at me 20 inch rims phase of society. The Tacks just didnt scream LOOK AT ME. Have a pair of tacks with the pumps converted to rollers. Things are old and still going. They just dont make skates to last like that anymore. Sad. Owning both the skates your refering to with the pump and the last series of tacks I just cant agree.

P1040311.jpg

And the last gen Tacks

backyardebayPicture001.jpg

I just bought a pair of CCM Pro Tacks today. Brand New! I'm extremely excited!

Which means that if anyone is looking for a pair of Graf Supra G35's (Used 3 times) Please let me know!

I really hope that these CCM's last me awhile.

940b_1.jpg

Edit: Since I got these suckers online, I ordered them in the same size as my Grafs. CCM Sizing is similar right??

Length from Tacks to Graf felt pretty close for me, too. However, I did find the size 8 G35 to fit a little more comfy than a 7.5, coming from a 7.5 Pro Tack. The toe cap on the Tacks felt roomier, and had more volume than my G35s.

TFL baby!

"Tacks for Life"

Love my 992's! I wish I could get a new pair of PRO Tacks in the same size.

Picked up a pair of the 992s also when HG was blowing them out. What a great skate. It is not heavy by any means and is a tank. I love the skate.

A local shop had a pair of these in my size for $85.00 in the back. I really want them but I have no cash protacks.gif Trying to sell stuff on ebay to get the money.

i love the kovalev version of those

Length from Tacks to Graf felt pretty close for me, too. However, I did find the size 8 G35 to fit a little more comfy than a 7.5, coming from a 7.5 Pro Tack. The toe cap on the Tacks felt roomier, and had more volume than my G35s.

This

I skate in a 7 Tack and can squeeze into a 6.5 Tack, but it is too tight for my preference and the toes bend a hair. I should probablly use the 6.5s but hate that feeling. The G35s I am a 7.5 and can wear a wide. So I dont know if they will fit 100% I will say the tacks will be stiffer than your G35s so you should be okay when you add the stiffness and the lace lock. You will be able to crank down the lower boot to get a good heel lock.

I guess I have longer toes and my foot really widens out just before the toes and continues to widen with the toes. The pro tack makes a suction sound when I put my foot in never had that before. The interior heel area looks a touch roomier in the Pros then on my 992s but the heel lock is tighter. I have never owned a better pair of skates for my foot in my life. Zero cramping and after baking it is perfect. I am actually now debating on buying an additional pair. Though I know I wont find another for $76.00. Trust me you will not be disapointed. If you are I will possibly be intrested in them. I should mention I have no arch I mean none to the point that I have severe over pronation when running. Medium to slightly narrow heel and wide front of the foot. Hope your foot is similar or you may not like the fit.

Agreed, the toe cap on the Tacks definately had more room.

This

I skate in a 7 Tack and can squeeze into a 6.5 Tack, but it is too tight for my preference and the toes bend a hair. I should probablly use the 6.5s but hate that feeling. The G35s I am a 7.5 and can wear a wide. So I dont know if they will fit 100% I will say the tacks will be stiffer than your G35s so you should be okay when you add the stiffness and the lace lock. You will be able to crank down the lower boot to get a good heel lock.

I guess I have longer toes and my foot really widens out just before the toes and continues to widen with the toes. The pro tack makes a suction sound when I put my foot in never had that before. The interior heel area looks a touch roomier in the Pros then on my 992s but the heel lock is tighter. I have never owned a better pair of skates for my foot in my life. Zero cramping and after baking it is perfect. I am actually now debating on buying an additional pair. Though I know I wont find another for $76.00. Trust me you will not be disapointed. If you are I will possibly be intrested in them. I should mention I have no arch I mean none to the point that I have severe over pronation when running. Medium to slightly narrow heel and wide front of the foot. Hope your foot is similar or you may not like the fit.

Okay! Thanks for the info. I have a slightly narrow heel with a wide forefoot. The toecaps in the Grafs are tighter than the Bauer Supreme 70's I had in the same size. I should be ok with the Tacks then. I remember old tacks I used to wear years ago that had crazy heel lock. I loved them. I have the chance to buy another pair in my size, but if these last me 3 seasons (which I'm hoping) then there is no point in buying another pair because in a few years they'll have something else out. If they don't fit my feet, then I'll let you know for sure - I'll probably be getting them in sometime next week!

892SuperTacks.jpg

My friend just picked these up off of ebay, brand new in the box for $100 shipped. Even if she doesn't like the t-blades and has to switch them out, a bargain for sure. Tacks don't fit my foot but I always wished they did cuz the way they fit like a sneaker out of the box...

Those are pretty sexy.

I was wondering how Tblades would look on the tacks. I like tblades look though so that helps.

With the 3 diff radius and different hollows she should find something that works. They are LOUD!!!!!!! dude wednesday night had a pair. You are not sneaking up on a deaf person in those. The Black holders with the white blades would be the sexes even more to me.

blackts.jpg

my first pair of skates were Tacks. 452's. Loved them. Went to Vector 6's and they werre good but the arch was a little high for me. When they were cooked I tried to get into the last 892's (?) that were offerred but damn they were narrow even in an E width. Had to go to Supremes in a EE.

892SuperTacks.jpg

My friend just picked these up off of ebay, brand new in the box for $100 shipped. Even if she doesn't like the t-blades and has to switch them out, a bargain for sure. Tacks don't fit my foot but I always wished they did cuz the way they fit like a sneaker out of the box...

I would love to grab a pair of these... I am on ZG130's now and i love them but i prefer the simple look of the tacks