Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimples

Best stick for wrist shots

Hey....

I use wrist shots most of the time, and I also like to do One-timers.

What's a good high end stick for me?

I was thinking the bauer apx or Easton rs ....

what do you think?

I take a lot of wrist shots and snap shots and I absolutely can not get good performance from the APX. IT all depends on your shooting motion and the Widow/DT1 works the best for the motion that I use,

Bauer nexus 1000 it is the only stick that is designed to bend in the middle, turning your stick into the ultimate whip when you release the wrist shot. Most top end sticks bend at the hossel, nexus bends in the middle. Think about it. It makes sense.

Cheers

Isn't a stick that flexes closer to the bottom give it more of a kick, so a better wrist shot?

is the bauer nexus 1000 kind of like the bauer one95?

Is a stick that flexes in the middle good for slappers?

When saying wrist-shot do you mean old school long drag heel to toe wrist shot that is basically extinct? If so, then a mid-flex like a Nexus would probably be your best option...however if that's your style you're most likely wasting your money on a one-piece.

If you're referring to a snap shot, which is basically the new form of getting your hands out in front and letting the stick do the work for you, then a lower kick point is going to be a good bet. In my experience the RSII is the best stick I've used for quick release snappers then the APX, Nexus, TO NXG in that order.

What is best for a snapper isn't necessarily best for a slapper however, personally i think the APX/Nexus are good examples of "good at everything, master of nothing" type sticks while the RSII (snapper) and TO NXG (slapper/1 timer) are more specialized.

I really liked the Miken Razor Z9... I use a lot of different shots, but mostly a wrister (I take a lot of wrist shots with a longer windup and the heel-toe puck movement). A dolo shaft may also be a good, cheaper option if you go the 2 piece route.

For quick wristers you want a low kick stick. You can use a mid kick if you're more comfortable but the release won't be as fast, accuracy can suffer, and the feel will be different.

I've used the apx, widow, and dt1 all low kickers that I have an excellent shot with. Unlike chadd I have a good wrister with the apx but no slapper. I tried the widows and the better feel and easier loading gave me a better and harder shot. The durability was bad though but I was warrantied a dt1 and it's like the widow but a step up in everything. I cants say shots are too much harder but they are snappier than the widow and release a half second quicker.

You guys bring up a good point. I guess there are two different types of wrist shots. I guess I'll change my answer to :the Nexus 1000 is really good at the longer wind up wrist shots.

Cheers

You guys bring up a good point. I guess there are two different types of wrist shots. I guess I'll change my answer to :the Nexus 1000 is really good at the longer wind up wrist shots.

Cheers