Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jestey16

Pro Stock Gear

Pro Stock Gear. Over the past couple years its gained almost a cult following within the hockey community. I know Im in love with pro stock gear, I just want to know, what do you guys have? On my next post Ill show you guys the gear that I have myself

http://postimg.org/image/4rqdli5e3/

In this photo I have all my pro stock gear (This isnt actually everything I have, only what I brought up to college)

The top stick is an Jacob Josefson Easton GX painted as a CX

Next is my newest addition, Klas Dahlbeck Bauer 1N

After that is my baby, Brad Marchand Easton GX painted as a CX

And lastly, I have a Chris Kreider APX 2 painted as a Nexus 1N

The gloves I have are STX Surgeon Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate gloves which I LOVE

Thanks everyone!

I have a few things, some Reebok MHP7000 pants, an AHL practice jersey, and a CCM V08 Helmet that I believe is pro-stock. I don't get into it too much, but I am sort of particular about my uniform. My team has Minnesota Wild colorway and so pro-stock is often the only/cheapest way to match. A new set of gloves is on my want list to round things out.

There are at least a few guys here big in to pro-stock and I'm sure they will chime in. I can see the appeal, but some guys just seem to go nuts. But to each his own. There are a lot worse things to spend money on.

There's a whole separate website/forum devoted to Pro stock gear. The cult following you speak of dates further then the past couple of years. You'll see some info around these parts but its not the main focus.

I love pro stock gear, especially socks and gloves.  It's really hard going back to retail after you've been spoiled by pro stock, IMO. 

Like @Davideo mentioned, I like it primarily for matching purposes. E.g. It's not easy to find blackhawks striped pants at retail. 

The pro stock socks are a must have for me, just because of how much more durable they are. 

Other than that, I don't see the need. Maybe gloves, too I guess.

I've got:

IIHF Taiwan National team jersey + socks + Vapor team gloves
Rick Nash TPS R8 gloves
2x APX2 dressed as 1X prostock sticks
1x APX2SE team stock stick
1x RBK 7V* shaft (was an OPS but blade broke so I cut it and made a tapered shaft)
1x Jay Pandolfo TPS R8 shaft (same deal as the 7V*; that curve was pretty sick and I wish I hadn't thrown away the blade because I would have liked to clone the curve)
Eastwest Hockey (if you guys even remember that store) TPS R8 stick with a disgusting heel wedge curve
Soon-to-have a navy blue Bauer Supreme pants Penguins team stock

And if all goes well, I'll have 6 CCM Ribcor dressed as Super Tacks prostock sticks with a custom curve

I've got a few pro stock things:

-Bauer Nexus 1000 Pants - Dallas Stars (Erik Cole) + 1" length (these are AMAZING - built like tanks, comfortable, & aren't available in the color/design at retail - plus they match my team's jerseys)

-Navy & White XL Reebok Edge Oklahoma City Barons socks (my brother & his wife bought them for me as they were clearing everything out during the final season in OKC - they cost $5 a pair but were clearly game used as they had marks & cuts...I had a seamstress sew Velcro in them & she sewed the cuts closed too)

-Warrior Dolomite (green dragon) Lags curve (I believe it is a Jamie Langenbrunner stick, similar to an E3 - Sakic curve & about an 85 flex) - I have 2 of these because I bought one for $80 & liked it so I ordered another as a backup to my backup.

from the top down, an 11k helmet with VN foam, 6k pro shoulders, 20k euro pro stock long elbows, 8k jock, mhp7000 breeders, 19k shins, more NHL/AHL practice jerseys than I care to admit and pro stock edge socks. I'd love some pro stock sticks and custom skates, but for now my T120s and RBZ skates will do. It costs me a fortune in shipping and customs to get gear delivered here in the UK but I'm emigrating to Vancouver next year.