Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

keeping pants over shin pads.

Last night at shinny I was using some new stuff, shin pads and pants included, but every time I started skating my pant leg kept getting stuck behind the top of the shin pads. Is there a trick so that my pants won't do this or is it just part of the break in process?

Personally I prefer to wear slightly larger/longer pants that come down onto the kneecap area. That way with knees bent there is still protection compared to gaps often seen with shorter pants. You might also try taping things down. I'm happy with slightly larger/longer pants and using Sports Straps instead of tape.

I'm 6-2 and about 235lbs, but I went and purchased a pair of "intermediate" sized hockey socks which seemed to be larger than advertised. They hold up really well and fit snug around the shin pads and keep the knee pads in place. Another would be to use a garter belt to hold the socks up over the knee pads or the velcro strips on your compression shorts.

Last night at shinny I was using some new stuff, shin pads and pants included, but every time I started skating my pant leg kept getting stuck behind the top of the shin pads. Is there a trick so that my pants won't do this or is it just part of the break in process?

every time i get new shin pads, that happens... then mysteriously stops. i think its because the top flap eventually becomes more flexible and stays under.

I've done that too, but I've found that tighter socks and socks with the velcro attachments pretty much solved that problem as well.

If you dont like the thigh pads, the RBK 6K shins seem to be a good bet. They dont have the pads sticking way up like the others.

http://www.skate-buys.com/rbk6kseshgu.html

Those are what I have. No problem at all. My old Sher-Wood pads had that problem alot though. I ended up just cutting the padding off and working some duct tape magic.